16th January UK anime releases

Red XIII

Straw Hat Pirate
The new year has finally kicked off anime-wise with a varied selection of new releases hitting the shelves today. Included in the line-up are the opening volumes of two new series- the action-packed Burst Angel from MVM, and Full Metal Panic! spinoff Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu! from ADV.

Unfortunately, whilst the seventh volume of Get Backers was originally due out today, it was not mentioned in ADV's January press release, indicating that the series may have been put on hold for the time being.

All of today's releases are listed below.
<ul class="menu"><b>16 January 2006</b>
<li>Burst Angel #1 (MVM)
<li>Chrono Crusade #6 (ADV)
<li>Full Metal Alchemist #4 (MVM)
<li>Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu! #1 (ADV)
<li>Gantz #2 (MVM)
<li>Peacemaker #3 (ADV)
<li>Planetes #3 (Beez)
<li>Read or Die TV #4 (MVM)
<li>S-CRY-ed #5 (Beez)
<li>Witch Hunter Robin #5 (Beez)</ul>
If you want to see what else is going to be available in the weeks and months ahead, be sure to take a look at our regularly updated release schedule.

Quite a few things on that list I plan to check out; although I already have Burst Angel, Chrono Crusade, s-CRY-ed and WHR, that still leaves FMA and ROD TV as "must see sooner rather than later" series, and I'll no doubt get around to Fumoffu and Gantz eventually as well.

I've heard that this newest volume of R.O.D is excellent... Looks like I may have to take a look at it sooner or later.

ah..FUMOFFU finally makes its UK debut....i'll have to get that soon enough..probably in febuary at my birthday..then i'll have the money for it :?

seen most of the anime on the list ,but i'm waiting for the Fumoffuu collection set which ADV US is bound to make since they already did Full Metal Panic collection.

Back