4K Blu Ray collection & Upcoming Releases discussion thread

Wow I can't believe Dune is already in that level of discount. I already have the steelbook though.
I was looking at the deal thinking the same. Tempted as I was, I opted to hold off thinking there would be a CE eventually with the second movie, or a special edition/steelbook. Didn't realise there was one released here already, or did you import yours?

It was only a couple of years ago that it seemed like every new 4K UHD release would be in a 2 for £30 deal just a few months after release. It seems to take much longer now with a lot more limited selection.

There was a UK steelbook, I bought it from the Warner Bros shop on release day.

My massive 4K Collection... I also have the steelbook for Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on pre-order.

20220721_161612.jpg

I don't have a 4K set up and for non-anime I'm not really fussed about owning movies and shows in 4K, I'm fine with blu-ray's at this point in time. I know this is a 4K thread but thought I'd show off my small blu-ray and DVD collection anyway, it's mostly just Marvel movies but I would like to expand as I do enjoy movies and TV.

Note: The second Detective Pikachu steelbook is the 3D blu-ray steelbook with different art.

20220721_161315.jpg

My massive 4K Collection... I also have the steelbook for Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on pre-order.

View attachment 25388

I don't have a 4K set up and for non-anime I'm not really fussed about owning movies and shows in 4K, I'm fine with blu-ray's at this point in time. I know this is a 4K thread but thought I'd show off my small blu-ray and DVD collection anyway, it's mostly just Marvel movies but I would like to expand as I do enjoy movies and TV.

Note: The second Detective Pikachu steelbook is the 3D blu-ray steelbook with different art.

That is a 100% gold 4K collection 🎉

the way you've organised your 'X-Men' movies is definitely.... unique... 😂

Like with the MCU, I organized them in release order, I've had people who come over say similar things 😂
Ah yes! That makes sense 😂 I was trying to figure out if they were chronological or maybe order of favourite but release order makes much more sense!
Only missing Dark Phoenix & New Mutants but to be fair they are easily 2 of the weakest, and thats saying something lol.

Last edited:
Ah yes! That makes sense 😂 I was trying to figure out if it was when they were chronological or maybe order of favourite but release order makes much more sense!
Only missing Dark Phoenix & New Mutants but to be fair they are easily 2 of the weakest, and thats saying something lol.

Yeah, I had considered chronological but wanted to keep all my Marvel and DC movies arranged similarly, I do plan to pick up Dark Phoenix and The New Mutants (have seen both) but I'm in no rush and waiting for them to be dirt cheap.

Can anyone comment how the Kubrick movies are in 4k? Been debating on getting them for super cheap on regular blu-ray with the HMV premium collection but if the 4k is a substantial upgrade I might regret it if I do.

Can anyone comment how the Kubrick movies are in 4k? Been debating on getting them for super cheap on regular blu-ray with the HMV premium collection but if the 4k is a substantial upgrade I might regret it if I do.

I've yet to get A Clockwork Orange (never been that keen on it) but I have all the other Kubrick 4Ks and can vouch for them. Warner treat them with care and they're all reference quality as a result. You can usually get them for decent prices as well, I see 2001 is £13.99 at Amazon at the moment. Not as cheap as you can get the Blus obviously but I think they're more than worth the price differential. I'm dying for Barry Lyndon to be released on the format.

I've also got The VVitch on route. With any luck it'll arrive today.

I've yet to get A Clockwork Orange (never been that keen on it) but I have all the other Kubrick 4Ks and can vouch for them. Warner treat them with care and they're all reference quality as a result. You can usually get them for decent prices as well, I see 2001 is £13.99 at Amazon at the moment. Not as cheap as you can get the Blus obviously but I think they're more than worth the price differential. I'm dying for Barry Lyndon to be released on the format.

I've also got The VVitch on route. With any luck it'll arrive today.
Excellent thanks. I'll pass on the HMV premium ones then

Back