Amazon and anime releases for international customers

ussjtrunks

Adventurer
This was an issue before but now it has become ridiculous over the last few weeks, 0 new anime releases can be ordered from Amazon U.K. to any eu country it’s a complete lock and it effects all new anime limited titles and funimation titles strangely not Mvm titles.

Considering buy from every other site except zavvi incurs extra charges and long wait times to get through customs it’s not ideal and even zavvi takes ages getting through customs,

Are there any reps for Anime Limited / Funimation on here that we could try to get this properly sorted

Almost all the back catalog titles are orderable to Ireland it’s mainly ones released in the last few months that have the issue, for example you can order Konosuba season 1 but not season 2

Amazon USA has the same problem now as well (for shipping to the UK, and presumably the EU). They must have flagged the newer releases as non-exportable, which is really annoying. Media releases are usually fine for them to export :/

Everyone's options for physical releases just get squeezed more every day.

R

I've been OK ordering all of the UK Studio Ghibli Collector's Edition digipaks from amazon.co.uk and shipped to the US, including the new titles just released in November and December, but I do see the anime titles you mentioned are blocked to the USA as well, so it does appear to be everywhere and not just to the EU.

I've been OK ordering all of the UK Studio Ghibli Collector's Edition digipaks from amazon.co.uk and shipped to the US, including the new titles just released in November and December, but I do see the anime titles you mentioned are blocked to the USA as well, so it does appear to be everywhere and not just to the EU.
It does. It's especially s**ty for people in Ireland as the only 2 bluray stockists in this country(Tower Records & Golden Discs) barely stock anime and we are part of the UK market wrt rights & distribution. Hopefully this will change with Amazon opening a fulfilment centre here next year.

It does. It's especially s**ty for people in Ireland as the only 2 bluray stockists in this country(Tower Records & Golden Discs) barely stock anime and we are part of the UK market wrt rights & distribution. Hopefully this will change with Amazon opening a fulfilment centre here next year.
I can imagine how frustrating it is for anime fans right there in Ireland. Glad to hear about the new distribution center - I can't see how they could still block UK anime for you then.

PS. Love the Guinness avatar, my all time favorite "beer" beverage! Ironically, right now I'm drinking a cup of coffee with a generous shot of Carolans Irish Cream in it - I used up my last bottle of Baileys Salted Caramel IC, so have been buying the Carolans because it's half the price and tastes just as good. 👍

Back