Anime Clubs of the United Kingdom and Ireland

BCU Anime and Manga Society!!!

Good evening everyone,

Just thought I'd inform you all (and the OP especially!) that there's a new society in the Birmingham area, specifically a Birmingham City University society.

We are called BAMS for short and we're a lovely bunch of people (once you get past the strange conversations that is!), honest. We meet up every Tuesday evening from 6:30pm until 8:30pm and watch anime and talk about any anime or manga themed things.

We're currently preparing for our society photo which we will all be cosplaying for!

Feel free to join us! Membership only costs £3 (for students; £5 for non-students) and you can find us at http://miniurl.org/bams.

Hope to see you there! :D

(Oh, and for those who are interested, this week we will be screening comedy/gag anime and then going out for all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet!)

Hi Cat Signal,

Legit question - do you actually have any non-student members? I would love to join, but would feel suuuuuper weird at my age if all the other members were 18 years old.

I wish there was one in the midlands... it'd be an interesting leisure time or whatever you'd call it. worcestershire sucks...

ilmaestro said:
Hi Cat Signal,

Legit question - do you actually have any non-student members? I would love to join, but would feel suuuuuper weird at my age if all the other members were 18 years old.

Hi ilmaestro,

We actually have 1 paying non-student member and 2 soon-to-be non-student members.

Don't worry about ages, we're all really nice people. :)

Oh, awesome! I will most definitely look to come along to one of your events, then. Do you post things somewhere that isn't Facebook? I'm one of the those twelve or thirteen people left on the planet without an account on there. ^^;

ilmaestro said:
Oh, awesome! I will most definitely look to come along to one of your events, then. Do you post things somewhere that isn't Facebook? I'm one of the those twelve or thirteen people left on the planet without an account on there. ^^;

We actually have a Tumblr blog going, though it's not updated as much as the group page.

You can find us at http://b-bams.tumblr.com/.

Looks very interesting, I would be tempted to join but due to a lack of friends that like Anime, or even know what it is, I would feel weird if I turned up on my own and knew no one...

Greta stuff, cheers for the reply. I will look to at least attend one of your weekly screenings some time after Christmas, if I can't steal someone's Facebook account or something to see what other events you have organized.

JamesX said:
Looks very interesting, I would be tempted to join but due to a lack of friends that like Anime
Imagine if you could solve this issue by joining an anime club! :p

ilmaestro said:
JamesX said:
Looks very interesting, I would be tempted to join but due to a lack of friends that like Anime
Imagine if you could solve this issue by joining an anime club! :p

Haha. Damn you I can't think if a come back to that!

If I even vaugely knew one person there I would go but I don't think I could turn up to something on my lonesome... Definitely as I am unsure where it is...

Oh and I was going to tell you if there were any upcoming events on their FB page but it looks like you need to request to join them to see the events, sorry.

Anyone know of any anime groups/clubs in and around Glasgow?. Or even outside of it (in places like Edinburgh and Stirling, as long as I can get to and from them easily by say train I'm fine). I know of the Glasgow Anime group but I had a ton of issues with them and want to try somewhere else

Back