Anime Drinking Game (suggest criteria)

Sparrowsabre7

Za Warudo
Obviously drinking games can make a bad movie easier to bear so I thought why not try and think of some anime tropes that can be exploited for drinking =P

One I heard/ read on a forum one time: Drink everytime a character makes a vocalisation that is not a word (so mnn's heh's and hrrm's etc, martial arts battles are exempt otherwise you'd hit the floor before either combatant did)

And one I thought of: Drink every time a character leaves a sentence unfinished and twice if it's the end of an episode (e.g. "But I..." or the end of the first ep of Code Geass)

If anyone has any fun sugestions let's hear em =)

have a swig everytime someone's panties are shown/emphasis on ass/boobs/nudity

also take a shot everytime a protagonist gets the crap beaten out of him and proceeds to make a comeback

Just Passing Through said:
Drink everytime a character responds to a statement by repeating it as a question.

Repeating it as a question?

Why, yes.

That's a good one =P

Drink every time a character spends a long time charging an attack and gravity seems to forget it exists (Dragonball, Street Fighter)

Drink every time the lead guy nearly confesses his love to the lead girl, but fails for no apparent reason.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Drink every time a character leaves a sentence unfinished
Only problem with this one is that it's a facet of Japanese, rather than a facet of anime, so you're going to be doing some serious drinking. I like the idea of using it as a bonus if it's deliberately put in at the end of an episode, though.

memorium said:
ilmaestro said:
Drink every time the lead guy nearly confesses his love to the lead girl, but fails for no apparent reason.
love this one, although it only works with rom-coms
Yeah, true. We could even come up with some show-specific as well as genre-specific ones, I'm sure, although nothing comes to mind atm.

Drink every time a piece of animation is reused.

It's a pretty universal rule that will get you pretty drunk on its own. Initiate a rule where you drink an additional finger for every time that piece of animation has already appeared. If you want to kill yourself, watch a Gundam series. If you want to kill yourself quickly, watch Macross 7.

memorium said:
ilmaestro said:
love this one, although it only works with rom-coms

I dunno there are some other examples heh. How about every time a character is kissed and apparently shocked by it (Code Geass is again my main inspiration for this one)

Drink every time a villain exclaims that something is "I-Impossible" twice if it has that specific stutter. "W-what?/N-nani?" also counts if there's the stutter (not in general or it's too much) three times if it's prior to them exploding/ whatever they're in exploding.

Get the **** out of my anime posting section with this spammy ****. There's a spam section for a reason.

Also: Drink every time the heroine of a shoujo *ALMOST* gets raped by a pretty boy. Rape is the murder of girly works.

Me and a few friends played a Pokemon drinking game a few months ago which was interesting. We kept it simple and decided to tag one shot of vodka or whiskey everytime a pokemon's name was mentioned, which was a bad idea since we chose the first episode to watch very first episode where a majority of the pokemon were introduced...

"And now we have Charmander, the fire-lizard pokemon! Bulbasaur the grass-dinosaur pokemon! And finally Squirtle, the water-tortoise pokemon!"

kupocake said:
Drink every time a piece of animation is reused.

It's a pretty universal rule that will get you pretty drunk on its own. Initiate a rule where you drink an additional finger for every time that piece of animation has already appeared. If you want to kill yourself, watch a Gundam series. If you want to kill yourself quickly, watch Macross 7.
Isshoni training and this = death.
it's at least 198 times in 25 minutes.

Drink every time that someone shouts about the existence of a Gundam in Gundam Wing - i.e. "What's a Gundam doing here?!". Double points for "It's a Gundam!". Add an additional shot if whoever shouts this dies afterwards. :)
I like the failed confession of love rule, and the one about the pwning of protagonists only to have them recover almost immediately. Love Hina would be lethal. Bonus shots every time Keitaro is called a pervert. :D

These are all great guys =) Try and get some more general ones in too though that can apply to a lot of anime. Or an entire genre.

Drink every time hammer space is used.

For mecha, drink everytime the resident joke character gets put out of action (I'm looking at you Patrick and Tamaki)

THough this tallies with reused animation, drink everytime there is a transformation/ power up sequence that is identical to the first transformation.

Drink everytime a character nods and blinks at the same time (see Advent Children for examples)

Back