Anime Hangman

Ian Wolf

Harem King
AUKN Staff
Thought that this might be fun. Basically, it's "Hangman" but all the topics are to do with anime or manga.

Here are the rules:

1) Player 1 displays the words in the opening message and the empty hangman. For example, in this game the answer is "CATGIRL". The hangman images I'm using are taken from the Wikipedia article on hangman

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
Hangman-0.png

2) Player 2 guess a letter that may be in the answer. Player 1 then fills either the empty spaces where that letter is, or adds to the hangman if it is not there. If another player(s) guesses a different letter the first guess is taken and the other guess are ignored. You must guess first. First come, first served. For example:

Player 2 guesses "E", Player 3 guesses "A". Player 2's guess must be taken. E is wrong so the hangman gets added to.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _
Hangman-1.png
Wrong guesses: E

On the next go, PLayer 3 guesses "A". "A" is in the word so it gets added.

_ A _ _ _ _ _
Hangman-1.png
Wrong guesses: E

3) If you want to make a guess at the answer, you must do so before someone suggests another letter otherwise it is ignored and you have to wait until the next go. If your guess at the answer is right, you win and get to suggest the answer. If it is wrong, another part of the hangman gets added to. If the hangman is completed before someone answers the solution correctly, Player 1 wins and gets to go again.

EDIT: Alternative variations - Other rules can also be added. For example you could force a "no vowels" rule (you couldn't play A, E, I, O or U) for example.

EDIT: Punctuation - You don't have to include punctuation marks in your answers. So for example if one of the words is "I'm", you can put the word down as _ _ without the apostrophe.

EDIT: Image shortcut - You can now use the code [hangman] intstead of copying the whole code. Just enter the number of incorrect guesses into the code to get the correct image.

I'll get the ball rolling. This answer is two words long.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _
Hangman-0.png

teonzo said:
I try the solution:

Gunsmith Cats

Correct, it is Gunsmith Cats. Probably should have included an answer with cat in it what with the practice question.

Anyway, your turn to set up the next round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back