UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'd double dip if the films get a UK release with the original Japanese audio track. The Maiden Japan release only has the inferior Sound Renewal redub. I regret skipping the Korean sets.

I'd double dip too for that very reason, but I do think/hope that it's only a matter of time before there are new masters available. The existing transfers must be about 15 years old now and I would imagine that it has a big enough profile in Japan for a 4K restoration....maybe?

What was the question / answer?

It's such a breathtaking work, I'd love it to get a release here. I know that Arrow have tried in the past, but they don't have many/any anime connections so I wonder if someone like AL could make a breakthrough.
That would be amazing. A region B Angel's Egg bluray release in the west would be an instant buy for me.

What was the question / answer?

It's such a breathtaking work, I'd love it to get a release here. I know that Arrow have tried in the past, but they don't have many/any anime connections so I wonder if someone like AL could make a breakthrough.
23:00

Dream List but not much more

I reckon they'll choose Gundam 0080, The 08th MS Team, MS-IGLOO, G Gundam, Victory Gundam and maybe Gundam Hathaway if Sunrise decides to allow a local release next year. Basically get most of the UC titles out of the way next year so that what's left is pretty much the new & obscure Gundams.

I think the real wildcards are actually 4K Ultra HD versions of Gundam Movie Trilogy and Thunderbolt.
I could see Sunrise pushing for Hathaway to recoup costs in the way they have with other modern Gundam but unlike those it seems to be caught up in the Netflix deal. Note the import edition is sub only. There's also the fact Sunrise are taking a leisurely pace to this trilogy, whereas Unicorn and Origin rolled on as each episode released.

Not saying it won't happen, there just seems to be a lot against it.

Could it be that Anime Ltd licensed Elfen Lied in the UK?
81JVhwMmEdL._SL1500_.jpg

The new German Elfen Lied release by KSM even mentiones alltheanime.com on packaging - and includes Engdub (DTS HD MA 5.1) + Subs (also incl. French Dub & Sub) as well.

https://amzn.to/3xdhQEV ( *Affiliate link)

started watchcing Planetes on blu-ray last night but wanted to know if anyone else watching it in 5.1 has any issues with the left and right speakers on both side being a lot louder than the center speaker which means i had to boost the centre speaker up quite a bit to have it all levelled

I have (and love) the Elfen Lied steelbook blu-ray release, but this is one of those very few shows I wouldn't hesitate to double dip on, especially if it was a digipak release with a decent artbook.

Hell, if that german release does indeed have english subs I'm gonna have to consider importing it, it looks gorgeous...

Presume the AL store will be updated with the new dates for the delayed releases soon?

Also, does anyone have any news on what's happening with the releases dates for SAO: Alicization - War for Underworld (Part 1 and 2)?

Also, does anyone have any news on what's happening with the releases dates for SAO: Alicization - War for Underworld (Part 1 and 2)?
Hanners on Discord confirmed they believe that they will have both parts for SAO:A:WOUW on the 13th of December to ship. And yes, it hasn't been updated on their own website.

I have (and love) the Elfen Lied steelbook blu-ray release, but this is one of those very few shows I wouldn't hesitate to double dip on, especially if it was a digipak release with a decent artbook.

Hell, if that german release does indeed have english subs I'm gonna have to consider importing it, it looks gorgeous...
I’ve also got the steelbook (metalpak) (101 films), and so; I’m not sure this version would have much extra to offer.
Aside from the artwork similarities (which are pretty much expected given the detail and recognition); It’s already got 5.1 tracks, both English and Japanese, and subs (including subs of the title music!) - I doubt there’s differences in the video source or encode, while two thin booklets (German?) as opposed to one (equally thin) isn’t much, so that just leaves the art cards and box.
Meanwhile the US version comes with a soundtrack cd, which I’d consider a better addition.

Has On-Gaku: Our Sound Blu-ray CE been released now? I preordered from AL's website during the early bird discount period and still haven't received mine :/

Also excited that Penguindrum is finally being released! :)

Back