UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

IncendiaryLemon said:
If they take MSG down to less than £30 I'll probably pull the trigger. That's probably being a little optimistic though.

Don't get your hopes up folks there on fresh titles - we don't tend to put new titles from October onwards in except for special circumstances :). New titles esp ones just out are less likely there.

Best,

AP

anime_andrew said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
If they take MSG down to less than £30 I'll probably pull the trigger. That's probably being a little optimistic though.

Don't get your hopes up folks there on fresh titles - we don't tend to put new titles from October onwards in except for special circumstances :). New titles esp ones just out are less likely there.

Best,

AP

Fingers crossed you guys will be able to scrounge out some leftover Tokyo Ghoul CEs. ;)

Jatz said:
anime_andrew said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Best,

AP

Fingers crossed you guys will be able to scrounge out some leftover Tokyo Ghoul CEs. ;)

Alas nope - none left anywhere ;_;.

AP

Buzz201 said:
Nope. The copyright in almost all dubs and subtitle tracks is held by the original licensor to prevent there from being major issues later on. It's possible AL had to pay more for the dub to be included in their licence, but I doubt it. I'd also be surprised if they had to go to FUNimation for dub materials, although Japanese companies aren't known for their archiving, so it's possible.
In this particular case we know for a fact that Kadokawa has the English dub since they included it on their BD set back in 2013.

DragonBlaze67 said:
This was the problem with a fair few releases within the last half of 2014, MangaUK decided to author their own discs instead of using Funi's discs which caused numerous problems such as random chapter marks, poor subtitling and more. Luckily MangaUK has started using Funi's masters again since Noragami so we shouldn't suffer from anymore with those problems.
Manga UK can't use FUNi's discs because they don't have BBFC logos. Even it they did, prior to the buyout they weren't allowed to release NTSC discs either. They wouldn't pay to have discs authored in the UK if they could avoid it, but in those cases there were no PAL masters available (e.g. Madman either used FUNi's masters or imported the actual discs). Madman's AoT discs are PAL according to their site however, so I don't know what happened there.

anime_andrew said:

Best,

AP
Maybe the origin then was April ;). Of course it won't its an import

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all copies have the faulty discs as there was only a single print run. However, the exchange program is still going on, so if you buy one, Anime Ltd will send you replacement discs for no additional cost so long as you can provide proof of purchase and the unique number assigned to the LE.

Yes, I don't think AL ever swapped the discs in the CE, so if you buy from Amazon they'll be the less good discs.

UP1 might or might not have asked for replacements, you'll have to contact them.

Cloud Strife said:
I just want to confirm whether or not the current versions of Durarara Limited Edition Blurays available on Amazon & UP1 have the correct subtitles for the discs?

Hi, just to confirm, only our Standard Edition Blu-ray release of Durarara!! has the corrected discs. All the Limited Ed. versions contain the original discs, if you follow the steps at our site you apply for a set of corrected discs. Hope that helps :)

Back