UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I've never realised there was any problem beyond a certain preciousness with what materials they'll allow access to. Criterion, Arrow and the BFI have released Toho films in recent years.
From what I've heard, they became quite draconian ever since Media Blasters released a Destroy All Monsters blu-ray with a bunch of unauthorised special features. Licensing something from Toho apparently requires an inordinate amount of back and forth in getting every little thing signed off. Of course my information could be out of date; this is mainly based on their attitude to licensing kaiju movies, and how things were before the Godzilla forum I used to frequent broke a few years ago.

Getting back to more possible mystery announcements:
  • Ultimate Teacher ultimate edition, complete with real Velvet Pussy Panties
  • 3x3 Eyes ultimate edition, including a glass eye and all the surgical equipment needed to implant it in your forehead

My guesses for the mystery announcement:
  • Elfen Lied CE BD (if I'm correct, the existing releases are now out of print)
  • Anything Gundam related
  • Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! BD (I know Anime Limited hasn't announced the series as of yet)
  • Ascendance of a Bookworm BD

I also want to know what this secret Blu-ray titles is sooner rather than later. As considering importing a pre-ordering of Food Wars Season 5 as the price is pretty good (for now / £22).
But would rather not pre-order followed by were releasing food wars in the UK (I realize the UK is missing season 3-5 currently but if they did start releasing it 5 would come eventually)

I would be surprised if it was Food Wars given Manga/Animatsu said in the past that S1 really didn't sell well, similar to Haikyuu (although I appreciate Food Wars at least got S2...)

It's more the fact they used the "were cooking up something big" (not spotted by me, I'm not that observant) which kinda makes me want to hold off just in case they are hinting at a food/cooking show. but it might just be they decided to use that phrase just cause it worked.

I mean I do understand why doing this may help sales or get people watching there accounts/feeds more. And yeah has been years since food wars was released in the UK, so your probably right, just wish they would be quicker about there mystery stuff (or maybe set actual dates to when it will be announced, but I suspect this is due to they can't until they get the last bit of confirmation)

Saw Inu-Oh today at Glasgow film festival

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed, but fwiw I’m not too familiar with the creator’s previous works.
It has a novel premise and I really liked the ending but otherwise felt it’s pacing frequently lagged and I found it difficult to keep up with some of the specifics of the world building

I also want to know what this secret Blu-ray titles is sooner rather than later. As considering importing a pre-ordering of Food Wars Season 5 as the price is pretty good (for now / £22).
But would rather not pre-order followed by were releasing food wars in the UK (I realize the UK is missing season 3-5 currently but if they did start releasing it 5 would come eventually)
Honestly, it feels like the current price for Food Wars Season 5 has to be a mistake at $18 but they haven't fixed it yet. Sentai themselves have the preorder listed at $48.99 with an MSRP of $69.98.

The lowest Season 4 has gotten was $27.99 on sale, so this would be a ridiculous price for a preorder.

Honestly, it feels like the current price for Food Wars Season 5 has to be a mistake at $18 but they haven't fixed it yet. Sentai themselves have the preorder listed at $48.99 with an MSRP of $69.98.

The lowest Season 4 has gotten was $27.99 on sale, so this would be a ridiculous price for a preorder.
I actually caved earlier today and bought Season 5 from WOWHD which worked out at about £23. But yes it does seem like a very reasonable pre-order price (and yes could very possibly be a mistake), so will have to wait and see if it gets cancelled.

And it can be future me's problem if the mystery Blu-ray is food wars (even if it was it would most likly be season 3 and season 5 release would be a way off, or that's what I'm telling my self).

Just got email from AL. The Seraph of the End CE will no longer have the soundtrack.
Well crap - that was really the only reason I added that title to my Holiday order. I probably should just cancel it now. But doing that would put me under the £100 free international shipping they had offered, so would they then charge me the normal £25 shipping for making that order short?

Back