UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Since you folks are releasing some very old titles like Future Boy Conan, is it possible to look into stuff like Rose Of Versailles and Dear Brother for a UK release.

I know the folks at AL France currently have the home video release of Rose of Versailles and it would be nice to grab it.
Also Dear Brother before or even after Discotek release expires?
This!! I would love Rose of Versailles and especially Dear Brother getting UK releases! Please @anime_andrew we need more classic shoujo anime! 🙏

I don't know if it was a random old advert or if someone pressed a button a little too soon but I saw an advert for ScreenAnime starting up again for a limited time until the end of October... May have been imagining things don't quote me 😂

I might be the only one asking for this but I would really love to see Darker Than Black come to Blu Ray here since we never got it on Blu Ray and only got it on DVD from Manga UK (Which I think is OOP now) and its also OOP in the US and AUS (Who also never got a blu ray to my knowledge)
Far from the only one, I would love to see a blu-ray of it too, I would happily pay what AL charged for Cardcapter Sakura for a complete set of the 2 Darker Than Black series along the (excellent) OVA series, even if it was an amaray release. :p

Far from the only one, I would love to see a blu-ray of it too, I would happily pay what AL charged for Cardcapter Sakura for a complete set of the 2 Darker Than Black series along the (excellent) OVA series, even if it was an amaray release. :p
Good to know I am not the only one. Personally I don't know if I would pay for it at Cardcaptor Sakura price but it would definitely be a must have. It would be great to get both seasons and the OVA in one nice collectors box instead of that awful cardboard case file that the US got from Funimation/Aniplex.

It's starting to grate that they essentially stated stance on Gundam is "that mega franchise we can release on a drip". I get they have other titles to release too but Gundam increasingly feels like "Eh, when we can be arsed."

The US releases are way ahead of us. It really shouldn't take this long.

At_This_Rate_Everything_Will-BE_DELAYED_Clean_4K_Edition_1.png

Good to know I am not the only one. Personally I don't know if I would pay for it at Cardcaptor Sakura price but it would definitely be a must have. It would be great to get both seasons and the OVA in one nice collectors box instead of that awful cardboard case file that the US got from Funimation/Aniplex.

I have that crappy file folder set of the Darker than Black Blu-rays that US Funimation released years ago, and I then bought the Season 2 Gemini of the Meteor LE Blu-ray boxset so I could frankenstein the Season 1 discs into it and bin that file folder permanently. I would definitely double-dip on a UK CE boxset if it ever came out though, just because the box would have much better artwork on it than what Gemini has.

It's starting to grate that they essentially stated stance on Gundam is "that mega franchise we can release on a drip". I get they have other titles to release too but Gundam increasingly feels like "Eh, when we can be arsed."

The US releases are way ahead of us. It really shouldn't take this long.
Agreed. Didn’t they say that they were planning to release five gundam series this year? No way that’s happening now.

Agreed. Didn’t they say that they were planning to release five gundam series this year? No way that’s happening now.
I appreciate with Crunchyroll now being the all consuming juggernaut in western anime they're going to need to prioritise new avenues to stay afloat in the current market. But they've had the Gundam license since 2015. It's now 2022.

Aside from predictable Seed Destiny UE the likely Gundam shows that will get this year.
I could be very wrong about my Gundam predictions for 2022

Most likely
G Gundam
Gundam 0080
Gundam 08th MS Team
Gundam Build Fighters
Victory Gundam
Gundam X
Gundam Build Fighters Try
Gundam AGE
Gundam Build Divers Season 1
Gundam Iggio