Anime Limited & MVM's 12 Days of Christmas 2020: 1st-12th Dec | 9:30am MVM, 5:00pm AL

Has anyone in the UK ordered anything from Sentai Filmworks? Do they actually post to the UK? From what I can tell its only US and Canada, but they do have some really good sales. Thanks

For US anime imports I usually go for rightstufanime, they also have various sales. I used to get from American Amazon as well, but they started denying shipping to overseas for various anime releases.

I have ordered stuff from sentai using stackry, however I ordered on 5th dec and still no sign of being shipped. I think its cause one of the items went OOS so is awaiting for that to be stocked again and then shipped. just be sure do not order OOS stuff unless happy to wait a while. the way it usualy works is you enter the supllied information into the shipping details box and then once sentai delivers the item you get a email of the forwarder and you can then pay the forwarder to send it to you, however beware customs sting...

now had my order finally shipped so I might get it before christmas already had my stuff from rightstuf arrive today however no sign of my amazon.com treasures i ordered

MVM have shipped my orders. So I may get those before Christmas.

AL still haven't shipped yet. I will be happy when that ships, I will be even happier if it just arrives before New Year.

True, but the postal service is not more overwhelmed than all the packages are either in in transit or have arrived already.
Amazon, Amazon marketplace sellers MVM, Ebay, dog food, you name it... Except AL in my case.

True, but the postal service is not more overwhelmed than all the packages are either in in transit or have arrived already.
Amazon, Amazon marketplace sellers MVM, Ebay, dog food, you name it... Except AL in my case.
they have 50% less staff and 100% more deliveries to make than normal for this time of year, everything i've ordered in the last 2 months has taken atleast 4-5 days on next day and up to 2 weeks on 2nd class

they have 50% less staff and 100% more deliveries to make than normal for this time of year, everything i've ordered in the last 2 months has taken atleast 4-5 days on next day and up to 2 weeks on 2nd class
Thanks for the info. I didn't know that.
With this info I may aswell brace myself for import fees if they don't get a deal in house before Brexit.
Don't get me wrong I understand why the UK wants to leave the EU. I want my country out of the EU too.
The only thing I want to keep is the free trading among our countries and that is one of theose things they can't agree on.
Hopefully they land a deal in the nick of time.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that.
With this info I may aswell brace myself for import fees if they don't get a deal in house before Brexit.
Don't get me wrong I understand why the UK wants to leave the EU. I want my country out of the EU too.
The only thing I want to keep is the free trading among our countries and that is one of theose things they can't agree on.

Yeah I hope so as well, at the moment it's deal or no deal though.

They should just extend the status quo whilst this virus is on and the talks are ongoing, but it's looking like it will be crash out with no deal, or get a deal that is hurried despite there having been several years since the decision was made.

Got a few things (all shipped already). Pre order aside.

Durarara!!
Escaflowne: TV Series & Movie Ltd Edition Blu-ray Collection
Eureka Seven - Blu-ray Complete Series Collection
Full Metal Panic Season 1
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid
Love, Election and Chocolate
The Demon Girl Next Door (pre order)

VAT charges are going to be applied to packages from the UK coming into Europe, regardless of whether or not a deal is reached, the only way for that to be avoided is for the UK to stay within the customs union, and IIRC that option hasn't been on the table since Theresa May stood down as PM (not trying to be political, just stating the facts as I understand them).

So, IMO the two questions for MVM, AL and others are;
1) Will we (anyone outside the UK) be able to buy from their sites without being charged the UK VAT?
AFAIK this should be entirely possible, numerous EU stores don't charge VAT if shipping outside the EU, so it's certainly not a legal issue.
If they don't, we will be paying our country's VAT on top of the UK vat, which (in Ireland, at least) will come to an effective total VAT rate of a little over 45%, and then there's the bs "collection" fees too...
I know a few here are outside the EU and buy from MVM and/or AL, I always meant to ask, do you pay VAT, i.e. the exact price listed on the store, or is it reduced by around 17% during checkout?

2) The other possibility is the UK companies actually charge the EU rather than UK VAT and pay & clear that for us, like how amazon .com and .co.jp, and ebay via their global shipping programme already do.
amazon.co.uk have basically confirmed they'll be doing this, at least for Ireland, hopefully some other stores do also but I don't expect MVM or AL to be among them, and understandably so as I doubt they get enough EU orders to really make it worth setting up, unfortunately.

So, regardless of whatever deal (if any) is reached, I'm preparing for VAT charges to be applied from 1st January, I haven't pre-ordered any of the 3 xmas early birds I really want from AL precisely because of this.

Anyways, this is an area of concern for me and others, but sorry for the long off-topic post.

I didn't realise the 3rd Code Geass Movie came with the box to store the other 2 movies in, shame my 2nd hand copy of the 1st movie has some minor damage to the box (guess someone pulled off the information sheet a bit too hard, but beggars can't be choosers)

Back