Anime Limited & MVM's 12 Days of Christmas 2020: 1st-12th Dec | 9:30am MVM, 5:00pm AL

Me 2019: "Haha I spent a lot but at least I have a ton to watch over the year, and I'll definitely be good during the next christmas sale"
Me 2020: "ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff"

This is a both exciting and concerning. Exciting that we have a lot of new titles that will be available during the sale, but concerning because it's going to be lot more expensive than I had anticipated.

I've made some guess-work on how much each set will cost using the Screen Anime discount and I've decided to ensure that I at least have Cyber City Oedo 808, Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory, Millennium Actress and Planetes secured. If Children of the Sea will arrive in time for Christmas, I'll ask my parents to get it for me as a present.

In terms of what I want from the catalogue, the titles remaining to acquire in CE style are KOKKOKU, Silver Spoon and Welcome to the Ballroom, but it looks like those titles will instead end up in the Mystery Box which I don't want to go for honestly.
Now that I have slept I took some more time to process the news that came from the showcase. I also made a rough guess as to how much each one will cost to help with the budgeting.

For those who are interested, you can view my guess before AL's eventual blog post:
AnimeSRPEBSA
Children of the Sea34.9919.9918.00
Cyber City Oedo 80839.9924.9922.50
ERASED59.9934.9931.50
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory69.9939.9936.00
K Season 159.9934.9931.50
Kill la Kill59.9934.9931.50
Millennium Actress49.9929.9927.00
Planetes59.9934.9931.50
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 159.9934.9931.50
Summer Days With Coo34.9919.9918.00
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online59.9934.9931.50
TOTAL

NOTE: International users will have to deal with postage and customs for each individual item as the sale only provides at least a 23 hour window per day.

Last edited:
I am also expecting MVM to do their usual sale also and once they have confirmed it and gone into more detail I will update the thread title and info below that goes over the Anime-on-Line sales.

Yup, we'll be starting our sale on the 1st this time. The plan is to hopefully get all daily deals done before we finish for Christmas...Though with the amount of new releases shifting into December I'm gonna need a Christmas miracle to perform it all...

First year I’ve had the chance to get involved in this but wasn’t expecting so many things I’d be interested in. That cost guesstimate gives me the fear.

New ReZero box is a godsend as it has annoyed me for a while not having the box for the two parts

I'm wondering if some of these pre orders might get second chance deals later on like they often do and/or if AOL will do a January sale and I'll be able to get some of them for a similar price then instead. Might just get Millenium Actress and Planetes and wait on a few others I want.

Doesn't help that Code Geass, Turn A and Weathering With You have all been delayed until right around sale time.

Pricing has been revealed on the official Anime Limited store and during the Cloud Matsuri panel:
  1. Children of the Sea (Collector's Edition Blu-ray & DVD combo pack)
    • £34.99 SRP, £19.99 EB
  2. Cyber City Oedo 808 (Collector's Edition Blu-ray)
    • £34.99 SRP, £24.99 EB
  3. ERASED (Complete Collection 'with Collector's Box' Blu-ray)
    • £59.99 SRP, £29.99 EB
  4. Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (Collector's Edition Blu-ray)
    • £69.99 SRP, £34.99 EB
  5. K Season 1 (Collector's Edition Blu-ray)
    • £59.99 SRP, £34.99 EB
  6. Kill la Kill (Complete Collection 'with Collector's Box' Blu-ray)
    • £59.99 SRP, £29.99 EB
  7. Millennium Actress (Collector's Edition 4K Ultra HD & Blu-ray combo pack)
    • SRP TBC, £24.99 EB
  8. Planetes (Collector's Edition Blu-ray)
    • £59.99 SRP, £34.99 EB
  9. Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 1 (Complete Collection 'with Collector's Box' Blu-ray)
    • £59.99 SRP, £34.99 EB
  10. Summer Days With Coo (Collector's Edition Blu-ray & DVD combo pack)
    • £34.99 SRP, £19.99 EB
  11. Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online(Complete Collection 'with Collector's Box' Blu-ray)
    • £59.99 SRP, £29.99 EB
EDIT: Subscribe to the E-Mail newsletter and Screen Anime annual subscription service for additional discounts. First order is 15% off then the rest is 10% off.

On the Q&A, they mentioned about catalogue titles in the sale. While they weren't specific about which ones, they mentioned that those titles will be on sale for the entirety of the 12 Days of Christmas sales from Day 1, depending on stock availability, so there won't be any themed sales this year on the Anime Limited 12 Days sales.

On the Q&A, they mentioned about catalogue titles in the sale. While they weren't specific about which ones, they mentioned that those titles will be on sale for the entirety of the 12 Days of Christmas sales from Day 1, depending on stock availability, so there won't be any themed sales this year on the Anime Limited 12 Days sales.
Yeah that one that has intrigued me a lot, but I reckon this is their way of getting through the stock as much as possible and at the same time allowing folks to have additional time to acquire them.

I bought so much last year I still have a backlog so I will be a bit less trigger happy this time, but besides some of the teased EB's I'm also anticipating MVM's sales and announcements.

The real issue for an international buyer like myself is that even i were to spend over a 100 pounds (i probably will) and at least save me trouble the postage, without knowing what would be first available in sales, i cant garuntee they would remain in stock as lot of people will tell that many titles usually go out of stock around these sales periods.

So one day i would have nothing an the next day i would have one and the day after 4 to 5 items but if that one item is already out of stock than i can't meet the quota or get it but i would have to contend with the additional cost and wont be able to take full advantage of the best deal.

Sigh guess i have to wait and see how it will go, Also is it just me or are the prices around 5 to 10 pounds more expensive this year?

The real issue for an international buyer like myself is that even i were to spend over a 100 pounds (i probably will) and at least save me trouble the postage, without knowing what would be first available in sales, i cant garuntee they would remain in stock as lot of people will tell that many titles usually go out of stock around these sales periods.

So one day i would have nothing an the next day i would have one and the day after 4 to 5 items but if that one item is already out of stock than i can't meet the quota or get it but i would have to contend with the additional cost and wont be able to take full advantage of the best deal.

Sigh guess i have to wait and see how it will go, Also is it just me or are the prices around 5 to 10 pounds more expensive this year?
From what they said it sounded like apart from the daily early bird deals, everything on the site will be at its sale price on day one and be like that for the whole 12 days. So you can buy the bulk of what you want right at the start.

From what they said it sounded like apart from the daily early bird deals, everything on the site will be at its sale price on day one and be like that for the whole 12 days. So you can buy the bulk of what you want right at the start.
It more has to do which of the early bird deals comes up first vs the ones in their website. for example what if the early bird special is on say day 7 but in those 7 days a title or two in their normal items gets sold out. this is gamble. Best bet i can do is order everything from their existing inventory on day 1 but im not sure if it will reach the 100 pound limit so that i can save on delivery post, otherwise i would have to pay additional shipping cost per item if i cant reach it.

If all non early bird deals are available from day 1 that should make guessing the mystery box contents easier. Just hoping that box doesn't include Plastic Memories

It more has to do which of the early bird deals comes up first vs the ones in their website. for example what if the early bird special is on say day 7 but in those 7 days a title or two in their normal items gets sold out. this is gamble. Best bet i can do is order everything from their existing inventory on day 1 but im not sure if it will reach the 100 pound limit so that i can save on delivery post, otherwise i would have to pay additional shipping cost per item if i cant reach it.
Yeah I guess if you want all the early birds then you're safe/screwed either way as it's one a day, I believe, from day 2 onwards.

Back