Anime Limited & MVM's 12 Days of Christmas 2020: 1st-12th Dec | 9:30am MVM, 5:00pm AL

Bit of a long shot since DVDs aren't so popular on here but has anyone kept a record of MVM's DVD mystery boxes?

Particularly interested in if Usagi Drop, Dream Eater Merry, C - Control and Canaan have been in any previous boxes

The US collectors set had the audio drama as well iirc, so I think the collectors from abroad would have picked that one up when it came out.
As others have said as well as i the very merry Christmas audio drama was never released in the us, as Anime limited said in their recent live feed, This is the first time the audio drama that adapts vol 6 will be available in the west and i already have seen plenty of people who are willing to buy it even outside of Europe to get it. Well by the end of this i expect at least to spend over 200£ which in euro is around 220 to 230 at least, This year is probably going to be my most expensive buy ins ever but i cant be picky, especially now that i have so many incomplete sets from them.

Bit of a long shot since DVDs aren't so popular on here but has anyone kept a record of MVM's DVD mystery boxes?

Particularly interested in if Usagi Drop, Dream Eater Merry, C - Control and Canaan have been in any previous boxes
no one posted what they get for 2019. unless someone here bought them and knows what was in them, i can only give out what was in them and most of my past links that had shown them are now gone. if someone has them, maybe they can help you but as far as i know up to 2018 at least, none of those title you mentioned where in them as of yet.

no one posted what they get for 2019. unless someone here bought them and knows what was in them, i can only give out what was in them and most of my past links that had shown them are now gone. if someone has them, maybe they can help you but as far as i know up to 2018 at least, none of those title you mentioned where in them as of yet.
Gives me at least some hope that they might show up I guess. Gonna ask them on Twitter but I think I may just keep watch to see if they show up in the usual sales or as a DOTW later.

I have been thinking.

I noticed a pattern that a lot of titles that were in the previous mystery boxes from last year and the year before have all been a deal of the week sale, this is similar to 2019 when titles from the previus mystery boxes were also in the deal of the week, but i also noticed that at least half of the new titles that were in the deal of the week for the first time of that year and last year were later incorporated into the mystery boxes if those years.

Note: Their were others but some have gone out of print sometime after they showed up.

Dont take this as a certainty but a few titles that were in the deal of the week this year but so far not in the mystery boxes included:
Bloom Into You,
Ambition of Oda Nobunaga,
Chivalry of a Failed Knight,
GATE,
Grimoire of Zero,
Devils and Realist, (
This showed up twice this year actually, so more likely to be in them than any other title}
Amagami SS,
Maid Sama,
Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun,
Nisemonogatari
Starmyu
Danmachi Sword Ortario,
Tenchi Muyo OVA,
Flip Flappers,
Princess Principal,
UQ Holder,

Well it is more or less to shorten the list a bit, but i am very certain that at least 2 of these will make it in the bd bundle

As far as we know, the AL special 15% discount is on everything right? Missed the Demon Slayer EB and I’m suspecting there won’t be any early bird reruns this year.

Seems to be a lot less chat on here about the MVM sale than the AL sale; expectations lower?
Are the mystery boxes not as good?

It looks like MVM is doing a total of 4 mystery boxes (A DVD and a blu ray bundle across 2 different days)? Oooft.
Can't see any pricing for them.

Seems to be a lot less chat on here about the MVM sale than the AL sale; expectations lower?

It looks like MVM is doing a total of 4 mystery boxes (A DVD and a blu ray bundle across 2 different days)? Oooft.
I thinks mostly because AL announced their plans first and revealed what the early birds are going to be. For me with MVM it will depend what turns up in the sale whereas I know what i will be getting from AL

I'm just as excited about MVM as AL, but MVM have been very quiet about what's coming up for pre-order while AL already announced theirs.

I like AL being upfront with their pre-orders it's makes it easier to plan what to buy. While MVM will more than likely have just as many cool titles up we will have to wait for December 5th for their pre-order titles.

As far as sales on MVM's and AL's back catalog goes that's anyones guess. I know there are plenty of titles I'm after from both AL and MVM.

As other say we know what to expect from AL and can plan accordingly. MVM on the otherhand are a terrifying unknown entity.
Yeah MVM are very secretive and I'm fine with surprises.

In terms of the Early Bird day at least we can expect Captain Earth Blu-ray collection, Demon Girl Next Door and Initial D Legend DVD collection since those are coming this February. I think it's the March titles that are probably more of a TBC atm.

Yeah MVM are very secretive and I'm fine with surprises.

In terms of the Early Bird day at least we can expect Captain Earth Blu-ray collection, Demon Girl Next Door and Initial D Legend DVD collection since those are coming this February. I think it's the March titles that are probably more of a TBC atm.
I wonder if they'll have another go at From the New World with a fixed complete collection

I have made some tweaks to the first post. Wanted to provide a balance between providing a ton of information as well as making it easier to view without being too busy. I may go back to the classic bullet-point list format for the item listing across each 12 days but it'll depend on how many are on offer.

Back