Anime Schedule Update

Neferpitou

Stand User
Ghost In The Shell 2.0 / Ghost In the Shell Innocence Blu-ray Double Pack (Blu-ray)
RRP: £39.99
26/10/2009

Kitaro (aka: Gegege No Kitarô)
RRP: £17.99
21/09/2009

Kitaro And The Millennium Curse
RRP: £17.99
28/12/2009

Kitaro Movie Double Pack (2 Disc)
RRP: £24.99
28/12/2009

Naruto: The Movie Triple Pack
RRP: £29.99
28/12/2009

Notes:

Kitaro
A pair of Live action films based on a very popular 1959 manga "GeGeGe no Kitaro". Kitaro has also been adapted into numerous anime and video games.

Ghost In The Shell 2.0 / Ghost In the Shell Innocence Blu-ray Double Pack (Blu-ray)
RRP: £39.99
26/10/2009

lol You put an extra 3 at the beginning :lol:[/quote]

Has anyone seen the new Ghost in the Shell 2.0? I've only seen clips so far but it doesn't look like the old cel animation mixes well with so much additional CGI at all. It looks like they've tried to tie it in more with Innocence but that had a completely different colour scheme(blues and greens) compared to Innocence(browns and golds).

Many comparison shots for Sy.

GITS 2.0 would have been better if they had just replaced the outdated green CGI and left it at that. I don't like my nice cel animation being replaced thank you very much. They also applied a soft focus (and very orange) filter not unlike that used in Patlabor 2 over the entire thing.

I'll still be getting it though. I pre-ordered the GITS blu-rays individually months ago when they were about £12 each, so that's still probably going to end up cheaper than this double pack. If this was a 1.0 and 2.0 set like they got in Japan, then it'd be something to shout about.

Gegege no Kitaro live-action film was actually fairly interesting though it was very clear it was aimed at a much younger audience then me (I haven't seen the anime before)

ayase said:
Spyro201 said:
I'll be getting GITS.

I think we all knew that anyway though.
Oh yeah? :lol:

Well how do you feel about this then? Only a matter of time now... :D

Something like that might actually get me to switch over to Blu-Ray. Although if they are going to be charging a premium price I would want the outer case to be at least thick card or plastic not thin card like economy sets.

Ahahahaha...

"If". :D

Although, on a positive note, the Blu-ray boxset of the compilation movies + SSS is very well packaged.

The Ketaro set sounds interesting,I remember these films being hyped up loads about two years ago(If they are the recent ones).I'll probably pick it up at MCM in the hope of nabbing a bargain :D

Back