AnimeCentral; a new anime TV channel coming to the UK?

I'm actually watching it now! Awesome stuff. Quality seems to be a lot better than Rapture's too, there is still blocking, but nowhere near as much as Rapture. That could just be my dish though, who knows.

I'll have to watch Bleach again on the repeat, just missed it. That's something I must see - after seeing it years ago on fansub. I hope the dub's ok!

Oh, and I hope this channel works for me when it's officially on-air; seeing as I don't subscribe to Sky.

Lupus Inu said:
Ryo Chan said:
Lupus Inu said:
Oh lawd watching the Bleach dub on TV owns, seeing as the dub is better than the Japanese and all. ;/

Japanese>>>>>>>Dub
Let's all say the Japanese is better because Rukia's voice is a little off at times!

sometimes? it doesn't suit her at all, the jetix dub of Naruto suits him better than the Rukia dub on bleach :wink:

CitizenGeek said:
So, wait, you guys are watching Anime Central now? But, I thought it was meant to start on the 13th?
They have a test channel up that is showing the first episodes of their launch line-up. Par for the course for new TV channels in most cases.

DaNiMe-sama said:
I'm actually watching it now! Awesome stuff. Quality seems to be a lot better than Rapture's too, there is still blocking, but nowhere near as much as Rapture. That could just be my dish though, who knows.

I'll have to watch Bleach again on the repeat, just missed it. That's something I must see - after seeing it years ago on fansub. I hope the dub's ok!

Oh, and I hope this channel works for me when it's officially on-air; seeing as I don't subscribe to Sky.

Concidering most of CSTV's output is FTA, I don't htink you'd need to worry

don't _quote_ me on it, though.

Like this;
Fudce said:
Anime Central has started its test broadcast on Sky. It doesn't officially start until next week, but you can now manually tune your box to get the channel.

Press SERVICES > SYSTEM SETUP > ADD CHANNEL
Enter:
11642 (or 11643 if it doesn't work)
V
Find Channels
You want to store channel "52360".

If you want to watch the channel, press SERVICES > OTHER CHANNELS (6), and select the channel from the menu.

The current schedule everyday is:
  • 21.00 - ?
    21.30 - Bleach
    22.00 - Fullmetal Alchemist
    22.30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    23.00 - Planetes
    23.30 - ?

Programs are repeated three times a night, so at 0.30am Bleach repeats, and again at 3.30am.

I'll let you know about what shows at 9 and 11.30 as soon as I know (though I think it's Transformers and Escaflowne)

Honestly, doesn't any track back in topics these days?

Gawyn said:
CitizenGeek said:
So, wait, you guys are watching Anime Central now? But, I thought it was meant to start on the 13th?
They have a test channel up that is showing the first episodes of their launch line-up. Par for the course for new TV channels in most cases.

Ah, I see! You guys are so lucky! :(

So, after tasting AnimeCentral, does it seem like a channel you'll all watch in the future?

From the looks of it, the answer is yes ^_^

CitizenGeek said:
So, after tasting AnimeCentral, does it seem like a channel you'll all watch in the future?

Oh the answer is a definate yes. :D But for me I think I'll start watching from about the 9:30 mark.

Seriously though, who the hell decided that Headmasters was a good choice for the first show? If you're going to jump on the Transformers movie bandwagon, at least pick something 'good' to do it with.

OK, maybe they're treating it as a loss leader and are expecting people to forget about or just stumble across the channel, and so have decided to put on a series that isn't that good so if people miss it, what the heck, but my God, they couldn't have picked a worse way of doing it. People that are new to Anime and realise it's starting at 9:00 are going to turn over, see the opening credits and theme all in Japanese, see the awfully dated animation and terrible dub, go F*ck that, and turn it back over.

They should either stick Transformers on after Escaflowne and bring everything forward half an hour, or swap Transformers and Escaflowne around, what ever, Transformers should NOT be first.

Wow, that was a bit of a rant, sorry about that, must have gotten out of bed on the wrong side this morning.

Tasker said:
Seriously though, who the hell decided that Headmasters was a good choice for the first show? If you're going to jump on the Transformers movie bandwagon, at least pick something 'good' to do it with.

OK, maybe they're treating it as a loss leader and are expecting people to forget about or just stumble across the channel, and so have decided to put on a series that isn't that good so if people miss it, what the heck, but my God, they couldn't have picked a worse way of doing it. People that are new to Anime and realise it's starting at 9:00 are going to turn over, see the opening credits and theme all in Japanese, see the awfully dated animation and terrible dub, go F*ck that, and turn it back over.

They should either stick Transformers on after Escaflowne and bring everything forward half an hour, or swap Transformers and Escaflowne around, what ever, Transformers should NOT be first.

Wow, that was a bit of a rant, sorry about that, must have gotten out of bed on the wrong side this morning.

I'm guessing this won't definetly be the final line-up, but even If it is I suppose putting Transformers on the first is more of a "ease-in" type thing for new viewers, they may not know much about anime so they'll tune it to watch Transformers for nostalgic reasons and hopefully end up watching the rest of the stuff thats on there.

CitizenGeek said:

Out of the six series they're showing, I've already seen three of them, and I have no interest in one of them. However I'll be watching it.

Transformers: I have no interest in this, and rarely, the dub actually subtracts from my interest.
Bleach: I wasn't sure if I'd like this, but I'm willing to give any anime a go. I enjoyed the dub to episode 1, and the series itself looks like I'll enjoy it, even if I don't view it as the second coming like some people who watch it do.
Fullmetal Alchemist: I caught this on Rapture when it was on, and I enjoyed it. It'll be good to see it again.
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: Fantastic series, one of the best dubs out there (high budget title in dub terms, and it shows) and widestream appeal.
Planetes: Amazingly, the only title on this list that I actually own, and that speaks volume for the series. A superb quality dub, and a nice slow but thought provoking "realistic future" series.
Vision of Escaflowne: I've been wanting to check this out for a while, due to it's aparant similarities of one of my more favorite series, Rayearth. Episode 1 looked interesting, so I'm gonna stick with it.

Transformers: Forget it
Bleach: May catch it if theres nothing else on, but seen it 3 times now
Fullmetal Alchemist: again may catch it if nothing else is on
Ghost in the Shell Stand And again
Planetes: Probually be asleep by then but definatly gonna sky plus it
Vision of Escaflowne: See above bar planetes.

Back