ANN interview Crispin Freeman

I must admit hes certainly one of the best sounding male dub actors out there, certainly plays the characters he is cast as well. Still hoping Geneon pick him up for Hellsing Ultimate, although I have a feeling that will be unlikely.

Mangaminx said:
I must admit hes certainly one of the best sounding male dub actors out there, certainly plays the characters he is cast as well. Still hoping Geneon pick him up for Hellsing Ultimate, although I have a feeling that will be unlikely.
Alucard just wouldn't be the same without him. :(

Animated FatCat said:
He has a great voice, that just has a commanding presence whenever you hear it, a really atmospheric sounding VA, if that makes sense.

I hope you say the same thing about me when I'm a VA for ADV and Funimation

I haven't been reading these interviews much, but it is clear that only the very best become VAs. I must say I don't watch dubs much, though, and while I know the name and some roles, Crispin Freeman's work doesn't really factor into my psyche.

Admittedly I watch dubs a lot less these days but I still like Crispin Freeman's work- Last Exile and Wolf's Rain come to mind as favourites, and he was good as Balmung, one of the few .hack dub voices I liked.

He's awesome as Togusa in Stand Alone Complex, he really nails that character head on.

And GrantM, as long as you make sure to get a part in Trigun 2 in the future, I'll definitely say the same about you no matter what :lol:

Animated FatCat said:
He's awesome as Togusa in Stand Alone Complex, he really nails that character head on.

And GrantM, as long as you make sure to get a part in Trigun 2 in the future, I'll definitely say the same about you no matter what :lol:

Trigun 2? What?

Did I miss something here?

subedii said:
Did I miss something here?

Yes, I think it was the joke, lol. Trigun's my favourite anime, if Grant works in the sequel, I'll be happy. Nothing to do with Freeman, a little off topic.

There is going to be a new Trigun movie though 8)

No mate, it was confirmed about 3 weeks ago, from ANN, and then posted on the news page here:

ANN posted on 2005-10-20 21:22:01

'The October issue of Neo magazine (A UK Anime magazine) includes an interview with Studio Madhouse's founder, Masao Maruyama. In it he says the studio is working on a Trigun Movie that should be released in a "couple of years". The November issue of Anime Insider also confirms this news'

Animated FatCat said:
No mate, it was confirmed about 3 weeks ago, from ANN, and then posted on the news page here:

ANN posted on 2005-10-20 21:22:01

'The October issue of Neo magazine (A UK Anime magazine) includes an interview with Studio Madhouse's founder, Masao Maruyama. In it he says the studio is working on a Trigun Movie that should be released in a "couple of years". The November issue of Anime Insider also confirms this news'
I won't get my hopes up until I see something a little more than that.

I must admit hes certainly one of the best sounding male dub actors out there

I completely agree, he's great as Amon in Witch Hunter Robin and Fuma in X.
It was great he managed to sneak in a comeo at the end of Howls Moving Castle as the voice of Turnip.

Crispin is one of my favourite dub voice actors, mainly for his role of Zelgadis in the Slayers series. That & Shamanic Princess are the only roles I know him in, but he does them like a true pro.

Back