Any Artists amoung us?

Charter_Mage

Pokémon Master
Any Artists amoung us?
Do you draw anime fanart or do you draw your own characters? Or do you like to draw other things like fantasy elves or goblins or dwarves? Anything, why don't you post it up here if you do

I can't draw to save my life, much to my own dismay :cry:
My 13 year old daughter on the other hand is a wonderful manga artist! She has been creating her own characters for about 4 years.
I'm not just blowing her trumpet either, as a member of "Sweatdrop" is a friend of mine and when Jenny was 10, this friend told her she is a better drawer than she was at the same age :D

Wow you have a friend whos a member of "Sweatdrop", that must be a great job, i would love to go to the London MCM Expo so i could see the workshop they are running.
You can blow you daughters trumpet as much as you want, my sisters a good artist too. I'm ok, but i i tend to only draw characters in one pose and i never ahve the will to finish a drawing, my sister on the other hand seems to have a really good handle on proportion and also positioning of the body

I've done Art GCSE and I'm going Art A-Level at the moment (A2, I got an A for AS ^^). I'm also hoping to do Architecture at university, which should be pretty great.

Though I don't do a load of fanwork of anime, I do have a fair few drawings in a little A5 pad of mine. With me, it's just a sudden spurt "zomg, I HAVE to draw that anime character/scene", so it's not a regular thing - although I would like it to be!

I draw most days for a while , its debatable whether Im actually any good at it or not . But I mostly do it as I enjoy it , and it helps me relax. I draw a lot of things really , some anime fanart mixed in there. Certainly one of my favourite things to do to relax other than write.

I have been told Im good at drawing manga, I was thinking of posting some of my pics up, but they will all be just in pencil and if I can be bothered they will be coloured^-^

I draw a lot of stuff, mostly anime fanart but some of my own characters as well. I'm not really all that good compared to the really talented people out there but at least I've improved with the practice. Trouble is, although I have plenty of story ideas and character designs I haven't yet had the time to actually put them together. The next thing I want to practice is doing super-deformed characters, as well as using ink (up to now I've mostly used pencil).

KittySeras said:
I have been told Im good at drawing manga, I was thinking of posting some of my pics up, but they will all be just in pencil and if I can be bothered they will be coloured^-^
most manga seems to be in black and white anyway so don't let it put you off. i'm always impressed with people who can draw - it's something i've never been good at at all so i concentrate on writing instead. my sis is brilliant at painting and stuff. i could probably talk her into drawing some manga-style things if she has time.

Charter_Mage said:
Wow you have a friend whos a member of "Sweatdrop"
Yup!! She's one of those unusual anime fans where she mainly reads manga and only watches anime if it really interests her! She's 25 and has been reading manga since she was 11 (in Italy).

I'm no good at drawing, or writing but I console myself in the fact I can make cosplay outfits and customise dolls, as they are both forms of art :mrgreen:

KittySeras said:

I think a lot of things look better just pencilled or inked anyway!

Miaka-chan said:
I'm no good at drawing, or writing but I console myself in the fact I can make cosplay outfits and customise dolls, as they are both forms of art :mrgreen:

Being creative/artistic in general, is a wonderful talent to have ! :D

MangaMinX said:
KittySeras said:

I think a lot of things look better just pencilled or inked anyway!

:) Thanks ok Il proberly put something up! I drew last night, a girl sitting under a blossom tree, Its all shaded and stuff am quite proud of it :D

Richy said:
I've done Art GCSE and I'm going Art A-Level at the moment (A2, I got an A for AS ^^).
I did Art GCSE and AS level too (only subject i actually enjoyed), for my AS level i did Samurai and anime, i i think it was the most enjoyable unit i ever did.

MangaMinX said:
Miaka-chan said:

Being creative/artistic in general, is a wonderful talent to have ! :D
It defiantly is, i think your cosplay outfits and your dolls....and even writing all falls into the catagory of art and most defiantly a wonderful use of creativity.

KittySeras said:
I would love to see some of your manga, you shouldn't worry as other people have said about them just being pencil, thats like all of my work (alot of it unfinished and none of it coloured as i'm worried i will ruin it and i can never be happy with the finished effect when i look at all the other wonderful work people have done with photoshop)

EDIT : you add attatchments from your computer it seems , if you use the"browse" then "add attachment" button when posting a new post. Although never tried myself , could be wrong :wink:

Charter_Mage said:
I did Art GCSE and AS level too (only subject i actually enjoyed), for my AS level i did Samurai and anime, i i think it was the most enjoyable unit i ever did.

If you don't mind me asking, what grade did you get?! It's just that my teacher tells me not to draw any anime or cartoons in the pads, as they tend not to be marked very highly at all!

Richy said:
Charter_Mage said:

If you don't mind me asking, what grade did you get?! It's just that my teacher tells me not to draw any anime or cartoons in the pads, as they tend not to be marked very highly at all!
I have talked to someone else doing A levels who said her teacher said the same thing. But for me i did great, i did the unit for my AS level final exam and i got full marks, i seriously couldn't believe it, but he said (my teacher) he couldn't fault it

Richy said:
Charter_Mage said:

Well hopefully I wont get any marks down, anime counts as multicultural art right? and I have done(I hope) a healthy mix of realistic and anime in my sketchbook.

I personally suck at drawing. Yes, yes, I know my username is "kupoartist", but I've pretty much forgotten why that is. I used to draw stuff and it used to be up on my site... but i've taken it all down in shame :D

I do enjoy designing stuff though. Like webpages:
http://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/
http://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/ill ... /index.htm
http://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/puppeteer/index.htm
http://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/for ... /index.htm

There are people with far more prettiful sites out there, but art/design is all about enjoyment over achievement anyway :)

Back