Any Artists amoung us?

Heres some of my work, i hope they come out ok

Edit: I just sent it before i had finished adding the attachments :roll:
Also one of my attachments was too big so i will link to it instead

This is all good stuff; makes me feel too embarrassed to post my own efforts. But maybe once I get the scanner plugged in I'll put up my 'scary alien baby' picture anyway.

Wow those are great Charter mage! I love the fairy! Im jelous now you can draw hands and the bodies are in preportion, something Im not good at.

Thank you everyone who has commented :D

KittySeras said:
Wow those are great Charter mage! I love the fairy! Im jelous now you can draw hands and the bodies are in preportion, something Im not good at.
I'm really pretty rubbish as every drawing i do takes me ages (and i mean ages) I'm also part of a couple of art communities Elftown and Deviant Art and there are people there who say things like 'this one took me ages, like a whole hour" and i'm thinking crap, i'm not even done with the preliminary sketch in that time (usually because i'm trying to get all the propertions correct, thats the worst and hardest bit for me). As for hands, one day (i mean one day, just like magic) i got better at them, but each one i do i really have to concentrate , it was one of those hands, aswell as a few other little things, on that gun lady that kept her unfinished for ages

:cry: (Sulks chomping twiglets in the dark) I cant draw hands or bodies! whenever I try the legs are to small or the chest is to big, though some of you proberly wont complain :wink: . The hands I usualy draw look like lobster claws :?

I drew this half an hour later, when Id finnished my twiglets off :( , I was bored, so I decided to draw something. This is a picture of Tidus, from FFX. I think he's okay as long as he's quiet and does'nt say the cheesy dialogue, but my wishes wont come true :x I hope you like it, I myself am pleased, it's been a long time since I drew him, and Ive actually ot better, meaning he looks male :lol: I had to cut it up a bit and resize it, I hope it's okay.

KittySeras said:
I drew this half an hour later, when Id finnished my twiglets off :( , I was bored, so I decided to draw something. This is a picture of Tidus, from FFX. I think he's okay as long as he's quiet and does'nt say the cheesy dialogue, but my wishes wont come true :x I hope you like it, I myself am pleased, it's been a long time since I drew him, and Ive actually ot better, meaning he looks male :lol: I had to cut it up a bit and resize it, I hope it's okay.
Nice :D , i so know what you mean about making guys look like girls. My main subject matter is females, the reason being, i suck at drawing guys. I think i've gotten ok at doing the faces now, but the bodies, i just can't get a handle on the more anglia way it's drawn....although recently i have taken to drawing my own bishounen

Charter_Mage said:
My main subject matter is females, the reason being, i suck at drawing guys. I think i've gotten ok at doing the faces now, but the bodies
I just bought my daughter one of the manga artists books on how to draw male characters because she's always bemoaning the fact she can't draw guys very well either!!
I think drawing fairies must be one of those things that comes natuarally, as half of her sketch book is taken up with manga style fairies!!

Miaka-chan said:
I just bought my daughter one of the manga artists books on how to draw male characters because she's always bemoaning the fact she can't draw guys very well either!!
I think drawing fairies must be one of those things that comes natuarally, as half of her sketch book is taken up with manga style fairies!!
I've been thinking of buying one of those how to draw male character books for quite a while now, i think i might invest as it is one of my major annoyances.
For some reason fairies seem to be an easy drawing subject for most people, especially girls i would say

Charter_Mage said:
KittySeras said:
Imgetting better at drawing guys, but sometimes they end up being a bit to...girly.
Mine either turn out too girly or completely disproportional
My daughter's look like girls with short hair! I think it's the eyes, as she can't get out of the habit of giving them feminine eyes, which is what I hope the "How to Draw Male Characters" will help her with!
I think the "How to Draw Bishoujo" was a mistake to get her, as all her girls seem to be very well endowed these days :lol:

KittySeras said:
Same with me, they usually end up haveing c cup breasts!
Yes that is one of the parts i find the hardest, making a chest look males, they always end up with square boobs.

Miaka-chan said:
My daughter's look like girls with short hair! I think it's the eyes, as she can't get out of the habit of giving them feminine eyes
My most resent thing i have been trying to draw is the most feminine man i can without making him look like a woman, not really a gay man just a real pretty boy.

KittySeras said:
Lol! Ar those how to draw books any good? maybe they could help me improve my preportion.
I only have two of the official how to draw manga books, i find them ok but i prefer the other two i've got, How to draw anime and game characters, although i havn't got any of the more specific how to draw books like How to draw male characters so i can't judge them

I have a whole stack of those "How to Draw books..." although I haven't used them all fully yet. For general drawing tips, the first three How to Draw Anime and Game Characters and How to Draw Manga 3: Compiling Application and Practice are good. I don't have the male characters one yet, so I'd be interested to hear what that one's like.

Of the other, more specific ones that I have, I'd also recommend the Occult and Horror, Pen and Tone Techniques, Couples, Giant Robots and Super-Deformed Vol 1. The Guns and Military and Animal Pose Reference books are useful if all you need are reference pictures rather than step by step beginner's instructions (although military uniforms are a bit thin on the ground).

As a word of warning, How to Draw Anime and Game Characters 4: Battle and Action Techniques is a more advanced book, and despite all the girls with swords on the front, it's unarmed combat moves only. Also, Colorful Costumes is mostly female restaurant and cafe uniforms.

Sorry to go on for so long, but I know when I was buying these books it was quite hard to find information on them and I didn't always get what I expected. You can also look at sample pages of some of the books here.

Back