Any Bands/Singers that you don't particularly like?

Vinnie

Brigade Leader
I generally don't like Disney-made bands/singer. Ugh, like....

* High School Musical
* Ashley Tisdale
* The Jonas Brothers
* Hilary Duff

Also, I know I may be making a lot of enemies here, but... I really dislike the Foo Fighters. Sorry, but their music is so loud and I suppose the right word is obnoxious, the way it screams out of the stereo... I dunno, I haven't really taken an interest. I tried, because my friend was obsessed with The Pretender, but I found that song so annoying, and borrowed her album of Echoes and Patience (whatever it's called) to see if I'd like it... and I just couldn't get into any of their songs. .-.

Avril Lavigne also gets on my nerves, as does Nelly Furtado. They've become so fake! >> I know Avril was a faker in the past, but at least her songs were decent, and she didn't sound like she was sat up on top of a pedestal expecting people to adore her. Nelly Furtado is here because... alright, here's the problem I have with her. She came out in about 2001 and she was quite fresh, and a bit of a hippy when it came to dressing, like, she'd just wear a vest and baggy jeans, but now she's come back again, writing really horrible promiscuous songs, and wearing really slutty clothes. I dunno why the hell she decided to turn herself into an ex-Pussycat Doll, but it must have been something to do with her producers or something...

Also, although I'm a fan of techno, I don't really like some club music. Some of the more popular stuff they play at clubs is just a really bad remix of some pop song, or it just has the same beat all the time.

Rap is also a bit of a... 'meh' area for me. I don't go around yelling 'Rap stands for Retards Attemping Poetry', or 'They're missing the C in front of the word Rap....', since I respect that there are good and bad rap songs. I just don't really like 50 Cent or all the American rappers who are on the radio and stuff... They all sound the same, their songs are just about treating women as objects or fighting gangs in the hood... OK, I respect that not all mainstream rap is bad, but you get the picture.

I have quite a strange taste in music, but if I like a song, I like it. ^^

Vinnie said:
Rap stands for Retards Attemping Poetry
I lol'd. Seriously though, I think it's not rap itself that I dislike, but commercial rap (which I call 'c-rap').

Before the flaming starts I'll say I dislike a lot of commercial, manufactured music. When money and image takes priority over the music, that's when I lose interest in it.

There's not much I don't like apart from that - I listen to pretty much anything! I never got into Dido's stuff though - as much as I think her voice is pleasant, the songs are so bland and lacking in 'feeling'. I'm not saying it's bad - it's just 'elevator' music for me...in one ear and out the other!

Oh yeah, I don't like Abba. Dunno why, it just grates on me.

I would contribute my list, but I'd be here all night typing it. All the musicians/artists I hate aren't worth the bother of typing about.

Ryo Chan said:
any bad that screams rather than sings

slipknot and korn for example

Mmm, same, I don't see the point of Screamo music... It's just like they've realised that they can't sing, so they cover that up by screaming and possibly destroying their tonsils in the process. o_O

Ummm Fall out Boy,Miyavi,Britney Spears,The Jonas Brothers...though I agree with everything you posted also Vinnie.Theres a lot I don't like that much but I forget until I hear it/see the muscians.

Vinnie said:
Ryo Chan said:

Mmm, same, I don't see the point of Screamo music... It's just like they've realised that they can't sing, so they cover that up by screaming and possibly destroying their tonsils in the process. o_O

Screaming is **** for emos. Roaring is where music's at, real Metal. CHILDREN OF BODOM

Ryo Chan said:

I don't class Korn as a screaming type of band myself...but then again I havn't listened to them in a few years now ^^;

TRASHBAT said:
Ummm Fall out Boy,Miyavi,Britney Spears,The Jonas Brothers...though I agree with everything you posted also Vinnie.Theres a lot I don't like that much but I forget until I hear it/see the muscians.

I-I don't know why, but I thought you'd have liked Miyavi.
I liked his "old" stuff, which was about up to Freedom Fighters, but otherwise it's not great IMO.

I agree with the whole Disney made bands (UGGGGH, after spending just 5 months in America, I cannot stand for the life of me, Hannah Montana).
I HATE the White Stripes, I can't stand the whiny singer. Kings of Leon annoy me too ..(As in, I have to put it off/switch over if they're on). ..And I'm sick of hearing Paramore, it's all they played on the radio in America every single day (And Linkin Park xhbfjsdf) :roll:

Not big on emo/rap/scream-o/dance/chipmunk music either.

Sami said:
TRASHBAT said:

I-I don't know why, but I thought you'd have liked Miyavi.
I liked his "old" stuff, which was about up to Freedom Fighters, but otherwise it's not great IMO.

I agree with the whole Disney made bands (UGGGGH, after spending just 5 months in America, I cannot stand for the life of me, Hannah Montana).
I HATE the White Stripes, I can't stand the whiny singer. Kings of Leon annoy me too ..(As in, I have to put it off/switch over if they're on). ..And I'm sick of hearing Paramore, it's all they played on the radio in America every single day (And Linkin Park xhbfjsdf) :roll:

Not big on emo/rap/scream-o/dance/chipmunk music either.

Haha no no that's understandable ^^; I am seeing him next wek after all.I'm purely going so a friend doesnt have to go on their own.I have tried so many times to give his music a chance, I just simply don't like it.Plus, theres something about him that rubs me the wrong way.The dislike his latest album greatly, so may give his older stuff a try actually.

Hahah oh yes Kings of Leon! My mum adores them but I just can't understand how she can stand his voice.It gets ridiculous at some points!

I like singers with interesting voices like Jarboe, Tori Amos and Nick Cave, but two I really can't stand are Bjork and Morosey.

Back