April 2007 UK anime DVD releases

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
All of April's UK anime DVD releases are listed below. Of course, if you are excited about some of these releases, feel free to drop by <a href="http://forums.animeuknews.net">our community forums</a> and let us know what you think!<ul class="menu"><li><b>02 APRIL 2007</b></li><li>Ah! My Goddess TV #2 (MVM)</li><li>Manga Essentials 2 Box Set (Manga)</li><li>Robotech: The New Generation - Complete Box Set (Manga)</li><li>Samurai 7 #7 (MVM)</li><li>Speed Grapher #1 (MVM)</li><li>Tenchi Muyo! Movie Box Set (MVM)</li><li>Tenjho Tenge #6 (MVM)</li><li><b>16 APRIL 2007</b></li><li>Coyote Ragtime Show #1 (ADV)</li><li>Hellsing Box Set: Classic Collection (ADV)</li><li>InuYasha: Series 1 (Fabulous Films)</li><li>Jinki: Extend #2 (ADV)</li><li>Samurai Gun #4 (ADV)</li><li>Spiral #3 (Revelation Films)</li><li>Yugo The Negotiator #4 (ADV)</li><li><b>23 APRIL 2007</b></li><li>Full Metal Alchemist #12 (Revelation Films)</li><li>Negima #2 (Revelation Films)</li><li>Noein - To your other self #2 (Manga)</li><li>Rumbling Hearts #2 (Revelation Films)</li><li>Spiral #4 (Revelation Films)</li><li><b>30 APRIL 2007</b></li><li>Fantastic Children #6 (Beez)</li></ul><a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/schedule.php">Read more...</a>

McIcy said:
Oooooh Tenchi Muyo boxset

All three films and theres an encyclopedia bonus. I already have the US release but i'll be picking this one up to boost sales.

Still waiting on the OAV 3 series to be released on R2 though, it's supposed to happen this year but i don't know when.

Hmm...I'm already collecting Speed Grapher on R1 but I'm tempted by Noein and Hellsing. That should be enough for this month!

CitizenGeek said:
Hooray! More Fullmetal Alchemist. The Hellsing boxset looks appealing too. Would anyone reccomend Hellsing?

Definitely, Hellsing is awesome. Hellsing Ultimate has recently come out in Japan as well, which is supposed to be even better.

nice to see they're still trying to make a success of samurai gun. Though we all know it'll never happen.

Anyone know what's in the manga essentials boxed set? it is like the ADV bento boxes?

banime said:
Anyone know what's in the manga essentials boxed set? it is like the ADV bento boxes?
Perfect Blue (excellent psychological thriller/horror, one of my top movies), Blood: The Last Vampire (classy looking short action movie, not much to it but worth a watch) and then there's.... *sigh* ... Legend of the Overfiend (one of the anime series that killed anime over here in the 90's, terrible).

banime said:
nice to see they're still trying to make a success of samurai gun. Though we all know it'll never happen.

They won't give up that easily on Samurai Gun. Most of the push behind it has been due to ADV's funding of the anime from the get-go, which means they have a vested interest in making as much of it as they can.

Also, I don't know if anyone has noticed this Fullmetal Alchemist starter pack including (presumably) the first tin and the first 4 volumes of the anime on Anime-on-line, which is due out in May and is available in limited quantities.

The price for that Hellsing boxset is rather high. If it comes down to about 15 or 20 then I might pick it up for nostalgia.

Yeah...I saw it for £50 in HMV today. :/

It's not even in a nice box or anything...it's just a thick DVD box. -_-

WTFDaveMustaine said:
It's not a thinpak then? Maybe I won't bother at all...
I suspect the Hellsing box will be just like the one that ADV released a couple of years back, which was a brick type DVD case.

Oh well that's not so bad then. With the way anime seems to be going in the UK at the moment I'm sure the price will drop at some point in the not so distant future. Until then, i'll wait.

Back