Backing up a BD (technical question)

pielover74

Completely Average High School Student
No worries, buddy. It's a pleasure. 😁👍
One more question if you can help me out. I just put in the first disc for sword art online s1 blu ray and it spent an hour ripping. It seems it ripped the entire disc into the D1_t00 and then again into individual parts d1_07 but everything is out of order. Did I need to uncheck or change anything so it would all be in order? And does minimum title length matter if I like watching the intro/opening or is that not affected? It seems the first one combined everything? The other files are 5.7gb. Thank again!!

Attachments

• 02BB9DA9-FD1A-46AC-BFFE-1F40962F0A39.jpeg
    02BB9DA9-FD1A-46AC-BFFE-1F40962F0A39.jpeg
    616.1 KB · Views: 21
  • AB1EC898-D322-4FCA-88F6-F708477311DC.jpeg
    AB1EC898-D322-4FCA-88F6-F708477311DC.jpeg
    572.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Some releases have indeed one big file which contains all episodes and then separate files per episode. So you can skip the big one and use the 5,7 GB ones. You can also set minimum duration in the MakeMKV preferences.

Normally top to bottom should be episodes 1 to 7, but that not always happens and they’re in random order, but that mostly only happens with Sentai releases.

Some releases have indeed one big file which contains all episodes and then separate files per episode. So you can skip the big one and use the 5,7 GB ones. You can also set minimum duration in the MakeMKV preferences.

Normally top to bottom should be episodes 1 to 7, but that not always happens and they’re in random order, but that mostly only happens with Sentai releases.
Thank you! One other question I have is the audio is just pure static after ripping. Any idea what could be causing that?

Attachments

• 1B3DEE1D-7851-4712-B68C-8066B9E56A95.jpeg
    1B3DEE1D-7851-4712-B68C-8066B9E56A95.jpeg
    456.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Well that shouldn't happen and I suspect that on whichever device you try to play that file doesn't support PCM

On what device are you trying to play this file?

Well that shouldn't happen and I suspect that on whichever device you try to play that file doesn't support PCM

On what device are you trying to play this file?
I tried my pc, Xbox series x through usb and Sony a80j through usb. Do I need to convert the audio into flac or use a different device for reading the format? Thanks for the input. My Denon s760h avr is plugged into the eArc as well if that makes any difference

Last edited:
Could just be you want a codec pack.
I just use the same one I've used for years (K-lite codec and can come with media player classsic, but you can just get the codec). So other may know better codec packs.

I don't tend to play any of those Raw files outside of my PC though. If i was to do that I would then put it through Handbrake to encode (and technically compress) the file to a none raw file type. But honestly not tested anything so it might not be necessary.

When I rip a bluray I do use makemkv but when I'm ready to multiplex it I use mkvtoolnix. If you have pcm for an audio track Denons have a setting called multi channel in for that. I use a device called an Odroid N2+ running Coreelec to play back media off my hdds. Never use handbrake-uncompressed files are better.

Back