Batman Begins

brynthaboss

Dandy Guy, in Space
Only just recently watched it again and i thought it was excellent. but i seem to remember it got quite a bashing from some critics especially tabloids.

i was wondering what everyone else thought of the dark knights return to the big screen after the appauling batman and robin.

The 1960's movie. No I am not joking(it was great). But out of the new ones i'd probably say the one with Nicholson as the Joker, whichever one that was. Although I didn't like it that much.

i like the one with the joker but i also have a soft spot for batman forever dont ask me why i just found it entertaining at the time and i was young and it made me laugh

I don't think any of the Batman films have gotten it quite right yet (apart from the animated ones).

Batman Begins was terrible on many levels:

* Batman's training went on for too long
* Batman's creation was too complicated
* Ra's Al Ghul was dry and dull
* The Scarecrow was underused
* Katie Holme's character was obvious and pointless
* Batman/Bruce's stupid saying which was only included to copy Spider-Man's "With great responsibility..." speech
* Bruce Wayne was out of character (re: shouting at the guests in his manor)

What it got right:

* Batmobile scenes were interesting (if shallow)
* Batman's one scene that showed he was a detective
* The few times where it showed Batman's difficulty in being a hero
* Gary Oldman's portrayal of James Gordon

The worse part of Batman Begins was arguably the part where Bruce Wayne shouts at his guests. Bruce Wayne would never act like that and the scene was so out of character that it ruined the entire film for me.

Jetsam said:
* Batman's one scene that showed he was a detective

The next Batman needs to be a detective film, I mean Batman is know as the World's Greates Detective. There is hope Johnathan Nolan has wrote the script, not that hack David Goyer.

Personally I found Batman Begins to be my favourite Batman film of the modern era.

Once again, sod critics and mass opinion, the individual's opinion is the most important at play here. :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEx9r5enZsk&NR You rang?

I'm seriously going to have to buy the boxset someday. That series was genuinely classic, even well over a decade on it still holds its own for style and atmosphere, and refusing to patronise the audience. Shame they've only got the proper boxset at HMV (unless I try to import anyway).

Anyway, as for the movie, I thought it was a really good rendition of the batman mythos. It was faithful enough to the comic rendition while allowing enough leaway to make it a good film transition. I thought it worked really well.

I rally liked it, by far my fave in the series. The batmobile rocked - but then again it was built by brits to show the americans it could be done - The darker batman character harked back to the original Tim Burton on-screen creation.

Yes Katie Holmes was a pointless love interest but lets face it theres been one in every batman film (except catwoman as she had a main role).

I really hope Oldman is back in the next one as he was a perfect Gordon, also if the Joker is to return please let someone with a huge range of facial expressions play him like Mark Hamill (watch the animate series for his truely psychotic laugh or J and Bob strike back for him playing a super villian).

The thing I liked about Batman was that it was all set in the real world, no superpowers or bizarre technology, it was all just an extension of current stuff. (except for the more recent films with Jim Carey et al)

The cartoon is fantastic. Batman begins was pretty good, any ideas if they are making a sequel or if the film was meant to just plug in before the Tim Burton film?

Back