Beez talk honestly at the AmeCon forums

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Last night, Andrew Partridge; a representative of UK anime DVD publishers Beez, <a href="http://amecon.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=1702&st=0&start=0">spent an hour on the AmeCon forums</a> answering various questions about their past, present and future releases in the UK. While no exclusive news was revealed, Andrew touches on a number of interesting issues - for example, he explains the potential minefield of attempting to license <em>The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya</em> in the UK, considering the complex structure of it's US DVD release (it is being published in North America via a co-operation between two seperate companies).

To be honist i'm surprised they haven't licensed Outlaw Star for release in the UK. Seeing as its even showed on Tv its long overdue a DVD release.

It'll be interesting to see whether or not Haruhi makes it over to the UK - out of interest, has it been picked up in Australia? That's usually a good indication of whether or not there is a real bump in the road or not.

I'm not sure. I checked Madman Entertainment's website *they seam to launch pretty much all anime in Australia* and my search for *The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya* came up with nothing so it appears at the moment at least it hasn't.

Madman have Haruhi. They announced the license a couple of weeks ago, then announced a voucher system to get the broadcast order discs. Each volume (except for the RE of vol 1),will contain a voucher buy all four and you can send the vouchers off to get the entire series in broadcast order. I hope whoever gets the UK license copies the idea, as it's a better one than the insanely expensive LEs that Bandai are putting out.

Noratav said:
Madman have Haruhi. They announced the license a couple of weeks ago, then announced a voucher system to get the broadcast order discs. Each volume (except for the RE of vol 1),will contain a voucher buy all four and you can send the vouchers off to get the entire series in broadcast order. I hope whoever gets the UK license copies the idea, as it's a better one than the insanely expensive LEs that Bandai are putting out.

Oh well guess they haven't added that to their website yet. Which is strange as you think they would advertise a series like that. Oh well. Lucky Australians they seam to get every anime we do almost half a year before we do and quite a few others we just don't get.

Well it is the 10th Anniversary of Cowboy Bebop first airing next year, so personally I'd like to do something special for it - but barring Dolby 5.1 sound not much changed with the Remix DVDs so we need to look at it carefully as it entails a lot extra cost.

At present there are no plans for that. Though that doesn't mean to say it's the last we've heard of Cowboy Bebop though in the UK (or in fact the world...<cue>).

Does anyone get the feeling he knows something awesome related to Cowboy Bebop that we don't?

Back