"But we're both girls!" - The Yuri Thread

New yuri anime airing in spring, source material any good?

Just bought it (I'm still only most of the way through Volume 1 but it was a very good first Volume so have bought the other four on the strength of that, didn't know Volume 5 was out today, apparently a new Full Metal Panic Volume 4 audiobook is out as well so I bought that too) :)
Honestly I am so so looking forward to hearing your opinions on the series. If vol 1 was enjoyable to you, just know that is actually widely regarded as the weakest volume in the series. Vol 2 and 5 (oh my god vol 5) are considered the high points by many. Vol 1 is mostly setup for vol 2.

I'm not its biggest fan but it has a very ardent following.

I'm not its biggest fan but it has a very ardent following.

I'm curious about this one too, will hopefully check it out at some point :)

Honestly I am so so looking forward to hearing your opinions on the series. If vol 1 was enjoyable to you, just know that is actually widely regarded as the weakest volume in the series. Vol 2 and 5 (oh my god vol 5) are considered the high points by many. Vol 1 is mostly setup for vol 2.

I will happily share them... in about 10 years time when I finally get around to listening to the remaining 4 and a bit (that's a self deprecating joke about how bad I am at actually getting around to listening to my audiobooks) XP I sincerely appreciate your interest in my opinions on such things though! :)

I enjoyed the first volume and @Dai who's read more was excited to see it get an adaptation.

One of my favourite yuri manga. The first three volumes could make for a very good romance story, since they're a pretty self-contained arc. It starts to veer more into high school band drama with a larger cast after that, which is still good, but takes a lot of focus away from the central relationship. A story like this has been begging for an anime adaptation since day one, since music is such an important part of it. Of course that means the anime has the added challenge of needing to handle the music well in order for the story to work.

Back