Character battle General Chit-Chat/Questions

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
It's back and is set to be bigger than ever. The 2008 AnimeUKNews Character battle.

This thread will be for general chit chat about the event and any questions you have.

Try keep the posts somehow related to the battles, and no post count boosting comments please :wink:

At this moment in time the battles will be starting sometime Wednesday with bits of info being added as we get closer to launch.

Feel free to get mention this contest to anyone who doesn't usually visit the site (may even get a few of them to stick around :wink:) however for them to enter they will need to register on the site as only votes with a mention of who you chose will be counted to make sure no one is multi-accounting to help their chosen characters

Awesome! Sounds great!

Can't wait too see who the characters battling will be! ;D

EDIT: I will get some of my friends from school to vote who watch a bit of anime. And maybe they will stick around! ;D

Ryo, is creating banners and such for promoting characters allowed this year? If so, it's time for me to brush up on my (and maybe learn new) Photoshop skillz.

Ryo Chan said:
you'd have to ask paul about that, at the moment sigs and such are banned
Ah yes. I keep forgetting we don't have sigs. But yeah, I'll be making a banner or two, even if I can't make it a sig.

I've vaguely skimmed through the new r00lz. I approve.. Should be interestin' to see who'll own the others.

If Light or Lelouch win anything, It means I get a automatic license to kill something, probably a cat.

Jayme said:
I've vaguely skimmed through the new r00lz. I approve.. Should be interestin' to see who'll own the others.

If Light or Lelouch win anything, It means I get a automatic license to kill something, probably a cat.

Why a cat? Cats are nice animals =/

I'm hoping that since we've changed things about that there will be more of a decent set of battles to come, this time without a clear winner half way through.

Arbalest said:
Why a cat? Cats are nice animals =/
I like cats, as well. I have two myself. But.. They are fairly big and easy to kill because something like a dog would be too big and aggressive to hurt. Whereas, A Hamster or gerbil is too small and pathetic to kill..

..I don't wanna kill anything, nao.

Let me see if I got this right.
First, create a team with characters as per rules. Then, there will be matches (polls) between my choices and someone else? Is that so? Then people just vote in whichever character they prefer?

In other words a popularity contest?

chaos said:
First, create a team with characters as per rules. Then, there will be matches (polls) between my choices and someone else? Is that so? Then people just vote in whichever character they prefer?

basicly yes, it is a popularity contest

however no one chooses the teams, they're randomly chosen

you just choose who'll compete

Ryo Chan said:
chaos said:

=) Interesting. I like randomness as most people are aware by now. ;)

I've visited the last years battles and I remember people talking about creating sigs, banners, and all kind of arty stuff. Is it necessary, or just part of the tradition?

I've noticed that paul disabled the sigs (there is a post saying that above or in some other place, can't tell from the top of my head...)

chaos said:
Ryo Chan said:
chaos said:

=) Interesting. I like randomness as most people are aware by now. ;)

I've visited the last years battles and I remember people talking about creating sigs, banners, and all kind of arty stuff. Is it necessary, or just part of the tradition?

I've noticed that paul disabled the sigs (there is a post saying that above or in some other place, can't tell from the top of my head...)

Yeah the sigs where disabled not to long after last years battle finished, people where basically ignoring the rules laid out so to make things easier there, Paul just removed them. Tis up to Paul if any banners or whatever are allowed this time round, i expect not but it won't be bad in anyway.

Chaz said:
Otaku-san said:
Ooo this should be cool, since I can vote for this year

anyone bet that Haruhi will be in it?
She's gonna be a nominee anyways ;)

I think she could be in it this time..i'll need to check later..i have a rough idea of who isn't in it anyways.

Back