Currency Cards

Gemsy-chan

Diclonius
Does anyone have a Revolute card and would you recommend it?

I currently have a Thomas Cook Cash Passport (got it 3 years ago when TC we’re still about and I was new to the currency card gig), got an email to say MasterCard will no longer support it from April so I’m looking for a new currency card (as I go to Rome in September).

checked Money Saving Supermarket and Revolute is number 1 for currency cards. Only need it for Euros (at the moment)

Does anyone have a Revolute card and would you recommend it?

I currently have a Thomas Cook Cash Passport (got it 3 years ago when TC we’re still about and I was new to the currency card gig), got an email to say MasterCard will no longer support it from April so I’m looking for a new currency card (as I go to Rome in September).

checked Money Saving Supermarket and Revolute is number 1 for currency cards. Only need it for Euros (at the moment)
I use Revolut for all my non Euro transactions, used it a lot on my trip to Japan last year too.

They are free to use as a virtual card, but you can get a physical card for a couple of quid.

The exchange rate used is the live interbank rate so it will always be a few cent higher than what your bank offers.

I have a referrer code that gives a €5 balance to anyone signing up for one in the next 2 days if you want it.

I just use my Halifax credit card for all my travel outside of the UK; no FX rate fee or anything. Had it since I went to Japan as it was highly recommended for us there, now I use it everywhere.

Back