Defective or Disappointing UK Anime Discs

I e-mailed them last night, they got back to me this morning, and said the following:
We are aware of the issue and have had the disc re-mastered. The new copy arrived yesterday for us to check and no further issues were found, so this will go into re-print and should be with us in a few weeks.

I will make a note to send a new copy to you once new stock has arrived.

Regards

www.anime-on-line.com

Interesting that they'll send me a new copy, rather than just a replacement disc, but that's great news nonetheless. Once I receive my new copy, I better dispose my old copy.

I e-mailed them last night, they got back to me this morning, and said the following:

Interesting that they'll send me a new copy, rather than just a replacement disc, but that's great news nonetheless. Once I receive my new copy, I better dispose my old copy.
Yeah I got a similar response on the 18th.

We are aware of the issue and have had the disc re-mastered. Luckily stock had not shipped to retailers so it will be a case of having the new disc replaced. The new copy should be arriving today for us to check and assuming no further issues this will then go into print and should be with us in a few weeks.

I will make a note to send a new copy to you once new stock has arrived

I assume (hope) the revised disc will have a different serial or other identification mark, so would ask that someone getting an ‘old’ one replaced make a note of that detail here?

Confirmed true. I have the UE. I mentioned this on both my Twitter and my Bluesky accounts, and for those who don't use either platform, I mentioned this on the Anime Limited topic.
I dunno why I don't get notifications from the AL thread. They seem to randomly stop after a few days unless I keep posting and it's only for that thread.

Anime Limited’s Kakegurui…

Disc 2‘s Extras menu screen is blank. You can blind navigate the page and find the extras, which are still there, but it’s easier to use the pop-up menu from within an episode,

Anime Limited’s Kakegurui…

Disc 2‘s Extras menu screen is blank. You can blind navigate the page and find the extras, which are still there, but it’s easier to use the pop-up menu from within an episode,

I actually mentioned this when I first got the set back in the beginning of 2022. This was confirmed by other people soon after.

Kakegurui - I'm not sure if this is player specific, but there is a glitch on the menu on disc 2. Particularly the Special Features section. When you choose "Special Features", it comes up empty, so all you're seeing is the static menu image (with the OP playing as normal), but the extras themselves work fine. You have to try and guess which extra you're choosing, which consists of (none are listed on the info sheet):
  • Textless OP
  • Textless ED
  • Maid Cafe Hyakkao Shorts
  • Disc Credits (when selected, they pop up without issue)
  • Also Available from Sentai (when selected, they appear listed without issue)
You can go back to the main menu without issue when pressing the "Right" key on your remote.

Seeing as Anime Limited are using Sentai's discs, there's a good chance that Sentai's release has the same issue.
At that time, I believed that Sentai's release could have the same issue, as Anime Limited were using their discs, but thinking about it, I'm probably wrong about that, as the missing episode issue with the Nadia BDs didn't affect previous releases using Sentai's discs (including Sentai's own release).

Cardcaptor Sakura BD has a strange issue on the final three episodes + textless OP/ED 3 on Disc 10 where the surround channels on the Japanese track play 16 samples too early.

Despite 16 samples being less than 1ms (1ms is 48 samples in 48kHz), the difference is big enough to cause the music to sound muffled when you attempt to downmix the track to stereo. If you watch the BD on a 5.1 setup, it's probably much less an issue, or maybe not even noticeable at all because no downmixing is involved.

Here's a 10 second sample from the opening of episode 70 with and without the 16 sample delay fix (downmixed to stereo in eac3to)

Back