Do you Open/Display your Figures?

Shadow Cat

Pokémon Master
So I'm just wondering if people prefer to keep their figures BNIB and admire them through the packaging

Or figures should be taken out and fully enjoyed?

Does your opinion change when it comes to Blister Pack figures, the packaging that once open is always open?

Edit - Blister pack I mean the plastic stuck to cardboard packaging

And finally, figures like Amiibo's that are not only Blister Pack but also interact with your game?

Last edited:
I always open my figures for display (Space allowing) as I think its money spent so why not

and find Blister Pack packaging take up soo much space I usually just bin it as it cant be repacked nicely

Amiibo's I only have one and 2 more coming. I'm unsure if I want to keep BNIB. So I made this thread :)

Yes. I remove them from the boxes and recycle the packaging right away. I don't see the point in buying things to keep them pristine. I'm never selling them on because I wouldn't have bought them in the first place if I didn't want to look at them all of the time (and most of my figures are kind of niche, so actually selling them would be a pain).

R

I have always taken them out and gotten rid of the packaging. The only reason I can think of to keep figures within packing is if you only have enough space to display very few and you were to rotate between them, but then again if your space was so limited you wouldn't be able to keep stacks of boxed figures either.

I take them out and put them on display but I do keep the packaging. They're useful to keep for moving even though it becomes a bit of a hassle to keep the boxes.

for stuff like nendo's i would probably take them out of the packaging and put that somewhere safe and have it on display but stuff like my amiibo and totaku figures i keep them sealed because i can't exactly reseal them in the event that i do move in the future
i'll never ever get the jashin nendo
maybe when S3 airs i'll get lucky

I have most of mine on display. Most because I have literally ran out of space so some are boxed away. Thankfully I keep the boxes aha. I had to transfer some when I moved about so keeping the boxes are useful but finding a place for them is a pain.
I've stopped buying figurines now because of space issues but I still love the ones I have out on display. I wish I could have them all out on display but alas. One day.

for stuff like nendo's i would probably take them out of the packaging and put that somewhere safe and have it on display but stuff like my amiibo and totaku figures i keep them sealed because i can't exactly reseal them in the event that i do move in the future
i'll never ever get the jashin nendo
maybe when S3 airs i'll get lucky
If you're looking for the Jashin Nendoroid Solaris has her, but the price is a somewhat inflated due to aftermarket.

Speaking of impossible to obtain Nendoroids, top of my list would be Chinatsu Yuru Yuri Nendoroid, because it was released exclusively as a bundle with volume 6 of the Limited Edition Japanese blu-ray.

Speaking of impossible to obtain Nendoroids, top of my list would be Chinatsu Yuru Yuri Nendoroid, because it was released exclusively as a bundle with volume 6 of the Limited Edition Japanese blu-ray.
I got the next best girl. Stardust Witch Meruru

I've kept all my Nendoroid/Figure boxes but ran out of space so I'm considering recycling any Prize figure boxes as they're usually really large compared to Nendoroid

Back