Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro Volume 1 Review

Don’t Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro is a disappointment. The premise certainly sounds entertaining but underneath it is an uncomfortable level of bullying, which just isn’t funny.

Continue reading...
Perhaps if and when you read further on, you will see she's not really bullying him. Anyway I'm not gonna tell you what happens, but it really is good. Oh and just for info, I have had to leave a job in the last 10 years because of bullying, and that was not like that book.

I have had to leave a job in the last 10 years because of bullying, and that was not like that book.

Bullying is subjective. What 1 may consider banter another may consider bullying.

Its up to the person who is the target of it to decide how they view it. Malicious intentions beside.

This wasn't subjective. We got a new supervisor who ended up on a 10 hour road trip with a total stirrer, he came back and never spoke to either myself or the other lad working next to me again. After a year of non-stop abuse - accusations of lying, being ignored, constantly quizzed on everything, being blamed for his errors, threats of violence, etc etc I quit.

So no it wasn't banter, it wasn't subjective and it was nothing like a shy kid being picked on by a girl who is really too embarrassed to admit she likes him in a story book.

Okay. And to round it off nicely, the ******** who caused all the trouble ended up being sacked, for stealing.

@SHIKI I don’t wanna put words in anyone’s mouth here, but I presume Lamba’s comments were regarding the events of the book being subjective (as in, you can see them as not bullying and Demelza can see them as bullying) rather than a comment on your own personal experience.

Perhaps if and when you read further on, you will see she's not really bullying him. Anyway I'm not gonna tell you what happens, but it really is good. Oh and just for info, I have had to leave a job in the last 10 years because of bullying, and that was not like that book.

Unfortunately I can only work with the content given, which in this case is just Volume 1. Having been bullied and seen bullying the chapters in this book just made me feel uncomfortable, which fair enough it might not everyone but like Lamba said it's subjective. By the end of this volume it's becoming clearer that she's not bullying him and is simply too shy to confess feelings, but that doesn't make up for the numerous times she calls him disgusting and has him in tears.

I don't think I will read more personally simply because of how much I disliked this volume, but I'm genuinely happy to hear that the series gets better for those who are continuing it. :)

Just read this as vol 4 comes out tomorrow and I wanted to see if I liked it or not.
In the first 3 or so chapters I would agree with @Demelza and I was thinking "nah", but would say later on the teasing is less harsh. And you can tell she likes him with the way she blows off the 2 guys trying to hit on her plus in the 2 bonus chapters, which feel like later on than the events of the first vol, she was going to give him chocolate on Valentines Day and then, in the second, accidentally (on purpose?) video calls him when in the bath!
I would say Takagi-san, but more forward and raunchy in the teasing department. BTW you can tell the mangaka was a hentai artist especially with that second bonus chapter!

Back