eBay have removed Animation/Anime from their genres

My my, you may very well be right that USA/Canada 2.4% rather than 5% fee trauma convinced me of. 'Tis rare I'm wrong, so you are quite the knowledgeable eBay soul. Recalled the sting I felt when Europe only 0.6%, and I semi-regularly sell to US buyers. One such sale was £1000 of manga.

It was when eBay ditched auto-PayPal, with the 'International Fee' replacing PayPal's currency conversion, when I was baffled as a lowly seller, plying my trade through used comic books as one does. Had a long and insightful chat with India support regarding it, where I was helpfully informed it still works out cheaper than using PayPal with their automated cut. eBay raised their default cut from 10% to 12.8%, just to fill that milking void PayPal left.

Fun fact: if your buyer has a UK address but lists their location as US, as one person did, you pay the International Fee even if the payment is in pounds rather than dorrahs.

Ebay and amazon-what do they have in common? The sellers like to **** over potential buyers and **** all over them. I get my anime used locally off of craigslist and othe places but never ever from the afore mentioned websites.

Ebay and amazon-what do they have in common? The sellers like to **** over potential buyers and **** all over them. I get my anime used locally off of craigslist and othe places but never ever from the afore mentioned websites.

You read like a man that has been wronged by sellers in the past, Zord. Have we had business dealings, by any chance?

I doubt most sellers find themself giggling manically over screwing you, or others for that matter over. I must be honest however and confess I sometimes do, after an American pays £100 on top (to eBay, not me) of my high asking price. It's eBay who are the real winners in that scenario, though. 'Tis sickening it does not go to me though, truly~

Purely for the purposes of adding context, this is how I feel after getting x3-10 what I paid for old books that have been under my bed for the best part of a decade:

Death-Note-Gif-Light-Yagami-Kira-Evil-Laughing-death-note-40386688-300-167.gif

Last edited:
I have been royally screwed by a seller on ebay a number of years with no recourse. And amazon-don't even get me started.......!! I find that remote buying of anime sets can be very disappointing when youi receive damaged goods and no matter how much one complains nothing is done.

Back