Eurovision 2006

Fullmetal Shorty said:
Eurovision is all political and has nothing to do with the songs, UK are only in it because we supply eurovision with the most money.
Thank you Captain Obvious :p /jk

I'm watching the BBC's stream (can't get the Eurovision.tv one working, don't have a TV), but I wish I was out somewhere watching it. No-one else seems to be weird enough to watch it you see. Despite me being in the Gay capital of Europe :p

(Eh Hi Hi Hi Hi Hi Hi!) as the Romanian entry just said :p

Wait. Changed my mind.

The prize HAS to go to lithuania!

SImply because they have the BALLS to sing their song.

"We are the winners! of eurovision! we are the winners!"

Hahah, legendary.

Or the baltic of course... that Ukrainian song wasn't so bad. I reckon that'll win.

Heheh... France. They will do as bad as we deserve to do.

Norway weren't half bad and the guy who had some girl popping up out of a piano was ok too. As for Greece...she was definitely trying too hard. Anyone who takes Eurovision seriously is missing the point: Lithuania sang with their tongues firmly in cheek and it was clear that their catchy number was a lot of silly fun. England was just shoddy and embarrassing.

Kudos to Lordi - the WINGS, people! I never thought a bunch of orcs from LotR could form a Spinal Tap tribute band and get on (inter)national TV, but they did. Every now and then the joke gets stale and needs some life breathing into it - Lordi did just that.

Well I've had the excitment of CSI and a Cher documentary tonight, so no Eurofun for me. :(

I do like Britain's song in a cheesy kinda way though. :D

Disco Machine said:
Well I've had the excitment of CSI and a Cher documentary tonight, so no Eurofun for me. :(

I do like Britain's song in a cheesy kinda way though. :D
But it fails to outcheese all other cheesy songs, hence it loses... though we're not losing as badly as we do usually. Novelty acts always float... just like poo does :p

Yay, Finland won! They won! :p I'm so happy I think I'm gonna cry. ;_; :mrgreen:

After years of being at the bottom, Finland does one heckuvan amazing 180 - by going from zero points last year, to almost 300 this year. That has to be the biggest point leap from one Eurovision contest to the next, and regardless of whether you like the song or not...
  • [oh, to heck with diplomacy]
:-D Rock on Finland! :-D

Star Trek?! Labrynth more like, all they needed was Bowie dressed like Jereth the Goblin King to join them on stage. It was fantastic. Sadly next year it will move back to the total tripe they usually show.

Back