Eurovision 2006

neptune2venus said:
This is GREAT INJUSTICE. A bunch of star trek rejects win it with so called heavy metal. I enjoy eurovision to get away from such rubbish!
I can only hope next year will be an improvement. :?

well they have to go back next year to play their song like they did with last year's winner

neptune2venus said:
This is GREAT INJUSTICE. A bunch of star trek rejects win it with so called heavy metal. I enjoy eurovision to get away from such rubbish!

Star trek? You know i don't think i've every seen a Demonic Heavy metal act in star trek?

Personally i'd have chosen Belgium but unfortunatly they didn't get out of the semi-final.

Janus said:
Star trek? You know i don't think i've every seen a Demonic Heavy metal act in star trek?

Their costumes wouldn't look out of place with the Klingons :D

Janus said:
Personally i'd have chosen Belgium but unfortunatly they didn't get out of the semi-final.

They had a great song. I always liked Kate Ryan's music before she attempted to get into Eurovision. It was certainly an injustice this year!

Oh come now. If anything it was worth seeing them being given the bunches of flowers when they won. :p

neptune2venus said:

Still thats not the point i'm trying to make. I mean Lordi himself has spent ten years staying in character. Until march no-one had seen him outside costume.

neptune2venus said:
They had a great song. I always liked Kate Ryan's music before she attempted to get into Eurovision. It was certainly an injustice this year!

I actually liked it, She's won a new fan here.

neptune2venus said:
Obviously we're in complete disagree over Finland's song (doh?) but I agree with you there - all they needed were some Bat'leths and they'd have practically been there. ;)

Oh and, much love for Lithuania - not so much love for those people that booed not only at them but at the Lithuanian representative giving out points. o_0; Extra <3 for the guy with the glasses. 8)

Travis Radisson said:
Oh and, much love for Lithuania - not so much love for those people that booed not only at them but at the Lithuanian representative giving out points. o_0; Extra <3 for the guy with the glasses. 8)
Lithuania were my second choice (the Harry Hill lookalike rules) but after a while the cheese factor got too much and I ended up having a whiskey and watching Exit Wounds with my dad.

C'mon, they owned. :mrgreen: OK, they were cheesy, but they just had this "can't catch me nyah nyah" style that I found simply priceless. :mrgreen:

• 8) We are the Winners - of Eurovision. 8)
But to each his own, of course. :p

And now that I've settled down a bit ^_^; I have to add some kudos to Bosnia & Hersegovina - their song was very calming and beautiful. I found it dull the first time I heard it, but liked it much better in the contest. Not enough to blow me away, but close. :)

Kudos to Croatia as well. :-D I though their song was so-so, but the performance was fun and refreshing. :-D I liked how the singer didn't even try to be ladylike - she was just herself. =D

And now I'm done rambling. ^o^ *zip* ^_^

neptune2venus said:
Your reaction forever seals my low opinion of your musical taste :p No-one who wins eurovision is ever by-passing any major talent. They're just winning the right to be hailed as king / queen of loserville :p

I cant belive Finland one >.> I think i may be the only one here who hated them > < I was rooting for Norway all the way! And Romania =x

Lol, I can't believe Finland won too! The monster getto, long hours of make up must have been worth it for them. I wonder if the votes will be effected if they never dress up like that!

Anyway I kinda like Germany's song the best, but the votes for them were poor >.<" and I didn't like the UK's song, kinda abit chessy and kinda abit like old school days.

Strawberry said:
Anyway I kinda like Germany's song the best, but the votes for them were poor >.<" and I didn't like the UK's song, kinda abit chessy and kinda abit like old school days.

Germany's entry wasn't even european! how can you win with a song too american to be liked in mainstream europe?

The UK! All i will say is that you can't win a song contest with a rapper and four schoolgirls that can't sing.

Regardless of whether you like the song or not, the fact is Finland has been the 'Mr. Nobody' of Eurovision for years now. As Lordi - oops - Mr. Lordi said, just getting recognition at all made them feel like winners. If they had gotten only, say 50 points, it would have been more than their total score since the beginning of Eurovision. Do you see now why we Scandis are so hyped up about this? :p

I kinda liked the Norwegian song, but I don't think it was good enough to win by a mile. It was better than Sweden's umpteenth ABBA ripoff though. :roll: If someone were to round up all the ABBA copycats ever made, they could conquer the world.

Was it just me who noticed the female announcer was showing part of her left nipple about halfway through?

I've got to get me a pair of those wings!

If someone were to round up all the ABBA copycats ever made, they could conquer the world.

That's a scary thought!

I hope Lordi's win makes more countries take a similar light hearted approach in the future. Our guy from the UK took it a little too seriously, and if more people went on it just for a laugh, it'd be much more entertaining!

Back