Fake/Custom anime box sets

Law

Brigade Leader
I don't really know where to post these but I made some fake boxsets in Blender.

Started with saying Cardcaptor Sakura is coming out from Anime Limited as part of the Gundam Collection and making this... yeah I know...
1593098668313.png
Then I wanted to see what the Turn A box could look like....

1593098710959.png

And then I remembered I was going to make a boxset for Cowboy Bebop and threw together the assets I had, but I would redo EVERYTHING on this.

1593098753128.png1593100596196.png

Last edited:
Ha! Was thinking this was about bootlegs, those can be hilarious, but it's a nice surprise about design.

I may throw in an idea or two for when you're drawing a blank or have time, @Law all I can think of for now though is since the studio is changing, a full collection for Wit studio's adaption for Attack on Titan, if there's time, with some space for OVAs like lost girls and Ilya's diary. I wonder how a real complete collection would look...

There was a guy (I don't remember who or where) who tried his hand at making chipboard cases for releases that didn't have one but he felt that they should. It turned out to be way more complicated than he had anticipated so after bad results after 4 or 5 tries he gave it up.

Not exactly a fake box design but a fake book, just wondering what a Gundam Unicorn English release could look like, the original Japanese design was very text heavy, so I went with this.

1606168775838.png1606168833199.png

1606168903835.png1606168983420.png

Here's just the logo which I made myself, I wanted to make it look kinda like the anime logo.

MS G UC logo.png

1606169347447.png
An example of the Japanese covers.

Last edited:
Very nice designs. Do you use these to make your own boxsets for personal use? There are definitely some favourites I would love to have custom designed boxsets for, though have no creative skills or know-how in the matter heheh.

Very nice designs. Do you use these to make your own boxsets for personal use? There are definitely some favourites I would love to have custom designed boxsets for, though have no creative skills or know-how in the matter heheh.
I actually haven't made any yet lol, I need a good printer, the right sticker paper, the right material to make the box out of, but these would be for personal use.

Back