For Criticism, ???? and Profit.

Cheers for the tip, just installed the free version of Sketchbook and will likely upgrade to the full version. It's miles better than anything else I've tried, I can see myself actually making use of this regularly without getting frustrated.

I don't know how on earth I've done it but in moving and having my things in storage I've managed to lose my Wacom tablet. It'll turn up eventually.

ayase said:
Cheers for the tip, just installed the free version of Sketchbook and will likely upgrade to the full version. It's miles better than anything else I've tried, I can see myself actually making use of this regularly without getting frustrated.

I don't know how on earth I've done it but in moving and having my things in storage I've managed to lose my Wacom tablet. It'll turn up eventually.

The aliens must have stolen it! Its always the aliens fault....

Now that the TOM contest is firmly in the past, I've finally got the Steins;Gate painting finished and uploaded the process video. It's kind of a catalogue of errors, but I got there in the end.

(Click for larger)

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to get back into better sketchbook-keeping habits. Quite pleased with how this turned out for the amount of time spent.

10653584_692630294160273_4135408576069507023_n.jpg

/\ /\

Wow, that's amazing! I love that style too.

I haven't drawn for ages - I used to think I was OKish at it back when I did art at school - but I never really practiced in my spare time so kind of got stuck at a certain level.

Thank you :)

More than anything else, I think practice does make all the difference if you're interested in drawing. If you're putting the hours in, it'll show through - even if you've been staring at your work for so long that you can't see it yourself.

Also, a slightly newer thing:

1897838_696165737140062_4691443033549225121_n.jpg

Trying to pick up the pace a bit with my basic colouring. Not the most interesting palette or brush technique, but I got this done in just under two hours (sketch & colour).

10897820_750677988355503_7737943617114211414_n.jpg

One of these days, I'll draw some more male characters for balance. Today is not that day.

(Click image for larger)

Also, after avoiding it for years, I have a Twitter account now, so follow me here for weekly art updates, if you're so inclined.

Back