General Cartoons Thread

A few classic Nick cartoons have randomly appeared on Sky on demand - they've got Hey Arnold, Aaahh! Real Monsters, Fairly Oddparents and Wild Thornberrys.

(Some episodes of Kenan & Kel, Clarissa Explains It All, Zoey 101 and Unfabulous have gone on there too)

Can’t believe I forgot about this. Not long after The Road Home was announced, the Blu-ray of the series was announced. It’s just The Gathering pilot movie and the series. The rest of the movies, the later specials, and Crusade aren’t part of it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Babylon-Complete-Blu-ray-Region-Free/dp/B0CCW61CBZ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2IJJSXFW3HH9B&keywords=babylon+5+blu+ray+box&qid=1694503091&sprefix=Babylo%2Caps%2C75&sr=8-1
Yes, I think that was mentioned in another thread. I'm glad it's finally happening.

The Road Home exceeded my expectations. It looked a bit cheap in the trailer, but the animation style works well in practice and it has some flashy action scenes. The story gave us interesting peeks in alternate timelines, including one mirroring an early version of the series climax, from before Straczynski had to rework everything to account for his leading man leaving after season 1.

It was great to hear the surviving actors again, with Bruce Boxleitner carrying a lot of scenes. The recast characters were a mixed bag. The new Garibaldi sounds uncannily like Jerry Doyle. Mira Furlan's replacement didn't sound like her, but did sound like Delenn, as in she captured the essence of the character. Not convinced by the new G'Kar. He turned in a good performance, but I don't think anyone could measure up to Andreas Katsulas in that role.

The Road Home exceeded my expectations. It looked a bit cheap in the trailer, but the animation style works well in practice and it has some flashy action scenes. The story gave us interesting peeks in alternate timelines, including one mirroring an early version of the series climax, from before Straczynski had to rework everything to account for his leading man leaving after season 1.

For me it was the best B5 since the end of the original series. It was a fresh story that tied in perfectly with the original series (one of those alternate realities was shown in the series, but just from Ivanova's POV. This time we see what's happening below decks at the time (The Last Stand reality). But I also believe that because the emotional arc of the film is so fundamental, it works just fine as a stand alone, and as a primer to the B5 story. The end of the film was just perfect too.

Agree about the recast voices. Although with G'Kar, the character was there, if not the voice. It's like he's a regenerated Time Lord. The same character, but not. And also, given the G'Kar that who takes up most of the screentime, perhaps the differences were justified. I definitely appreciated Zathras (although not Zathras). I did notice that Marcus Cole's voice was recast (apparently for budget reasons).

Back