General TV Discussion

Walking Dead is a show I always feel like I should like more than I do. I absolutley love horror movies and especially zombie movies but I find it just kind of boring. I'm caught up and everything but I just find myself caring about it much. Like, when Game of Thrones is on I get genuinely excited for the next episode and watch it ASAP whereas with Walking Dead I just kind of put it on in the background.

OMG, Renly Baratheon is Charlies Manson in Aquarius!

I saw it on IMDB and couldn't believe it! Although now I know it's him, I can totally tell. Odd how I couldn't before!

Watching some corny show I should never admit I watch but what the hell! Recording some Sue Thomas FB Eye that Mum recorded on her Sky Planner for me months ago. I really enjoy it :)

American Horror Story: Hotel episode 1.

Was very enjoyable. A lot of different things going on mind and yeah it is kinda The Lady Gaga show as per some reviews so I'm hoping this is good as still nothing beats Murder House yet!

The scene with Schmidt (from New Girl) was a tough one.

-Danielle- said:
American Horror Story: Hotel episode 1.

Was very enjoyable. A lot of different things going on mind and yeah it is kinda The Lady Gaga show as per some reviews so I'm hoping this is good as still nothing beats Murder House yet!

The scene with Schmidt (from New Girl) was a tough one.

I've not watched any of the past seasons so I am hoping it is a fairly stand alone effort.

Due to my sudden found abundance of free time I've found myself rewatching Dexter. Man, those first few seasons were great. I have no idea how the show suddenly went to hell after Season 4. Each season got progressively worse after 4 until Season 7 was great. Too bad 8 was easily the worst season and has one of the worst endings to a TV show I've seen. I wouldn't care, S7 ended in such a way where it could have easily been the end of the show with one change. Shame.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Due to my sudden found abundance of free time I've found myself rewatching Dexter. Man, those first few seasons were great. I have no idea how the show suddenly went to hell after Season 4. Each season got progressively worse after 4 until Season 7 was great. Too bad 8 was easily the worst season and has one of the worst endings to a TV show I've seen. I wouldn't care, S7 ended in such a way where it could have easily been the end of the show with one change. Shame.

To be fair to the writers, from what I've heard the network refused to them use the ending they originally had planned, and outright prevented them from killing Dexter. This being Showtime, the network that also prevented Homeland from killing Brody for a few seasons. Apparently he was originally supposed to succeed in detonating the bomb in the season 1 finale, but Showtime made them change it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just dumb. I mean, it's the last season, who cares if Dexter dies? The writers should have been allowed free reign. I'd be interested to see how the source material ends/ended. I have no idea if the comics are still going.

IncendiaryLemon said:
That's just dumb. I mean, it's the last season, who cares if Dexter dies? The writers should have been allowed free reign. I'd be interested to see how the source material ends/ended. I have no idea if the comics are still going.

At one point they were threatening to do a "Dexter is a lumberjack" spin-off...

I thought it was based on a series of novels?

Oh, so it is. My mistake. I'm sure there was a comic at one point. Also, just looking at the titles of the books on Wikipedia.
[spoilerbutton]
Dexter_is_dead.png
[/spoilerbutton]

Yeah.

The Dexter TV series deviates from the novels pretty early on IIRC. I stopped watching it around about season 4 too. Can't really remember why, I think I just wasn't enjoying it any more.

You got off at the right time, everything after that is garbage. Apart from Season 7. Season 7 is like the second best season. Strange they got their second wind near the end then completely ballsed up the ending.

Just been through the series synopses. It was partway through season 6 I quit, though I do remember it going noticeably downhill after Rita died

-Danielle- said:
So, who's enjoying The Walking Dead?

Season 3, OMG. That's all i'm going to say!!!!!

It gets better (Season 4 felt like filler but it's got some very good character development while the first half of Season 5 is rather interesting).

Season 6 Episode 3 shocked the internet and literally people are going berserk after what happened.

MASSIVE SPOILERS HERE:
[spoilerbutton]There was a scene in which Glenn and Nicolas were surrounded by walkers (literally a 100 or so) and Nicolas was having a mental breakdown to the point in which he thanks Glenn (presumably due to helping him face his past in which he left people behind and tried to kill Glenn as a result) and commits suicide in front of him. His body fell towards Glenn and he fell into the hoard of walkers with the camera angle at a point in which we see Glenn look terrified as walkers 'eat' whatever's in front of him.

Now some people would argue that he's dead. However there some things worth noting:
There was a filming error. Glenn's body lands at a different position in contrast to how he fell - his head's position went from further away from the dumpster to landing next to the dumpster.

As a result of the filming error, we anticipate that Nicolas's body is on top of Glenn as the intestines that the walkers are eating are not in the right position to be Glenn's own.

Michonne foreshadowed a certain sentence earlier in the episode: 'Have you ever been covered in so much blood that you didn't know if it was yours, or walkers' or your friends'. If the guts weren't Glenn's then he should be free to escape underneath the dumpster without being bitten as the blood/guts are covered all over him. This quote also reminds us that humans can walk aside walkers without being bitten by covering themselves with blood/guts, as evidently seen in previous seasons.

*COMIC BOOK SPOILERS + FUTURE SEASON 6 EPISODE SPOILERS*
Glenn is also apparently seen with Jesus (a character introduced in Volume 16 of the comics and the prologue to the All Out War arc) later in the series. Note that in the comics Glenn gets killed by Negan which is said to be one of the most crucial moments in the comics.[/spoilerbutton]

Bugger I meant episode 3. Why the hell did I write Season! lmao.

Loved episode 3 of Season 6. I spoke a lot to the tv for that episode. A LOT. We watch it the day after it's on the Fox channel so Mum and I can watch together.

JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN AKA JOHN WINCHESTER HAS BEEN CAST AS NEGAN IN THE WALKING DEAD! OMFGASKHDASLFKJSDFIOHDS *head explodes*

He's going to be awesome! It's going to be awful hating him so much as I LOVE him lol.

-Danielle- said:
JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN AKA JOHN WINCHESTER HAS BEEN CAST AS NEGAN IN THE WALKING DEAD! OMFGASKHDASLFKJSDFIOHDS *head explodes*

He's going to be awesome! It's going to be awful hating him so much as I LOVE him lol.

Interesting, he's going to appear in the Season 6 finale. I knew it was about time they'll adapt the All Out War arc since they're literally 2-3 volumes before that and Paul 'Jesus' Monroe is going to appear at some point this season. Hype.

Back