General TV/Movie News & Announcements

UPGRADE has been rescued for the Blu-ray UK market! Second Sight, the same folks who are bringing Dawn of the Dead to 4K, will be releasing the film on Blu-ray this November.

The license for the film last year was distributed by Universal Pictures for theatrical and home video, but unfortunately the home video release was one of many only released on DVD.

So Arrow Video has acquired a couple more titles thanks to BBFC ratings and art card promos on their recent releases:
  • Tom Shadyac's Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
  • Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards
  • Michael Mann's Last of the Mohicans
  • Quentin Tarantino's True Romance

Disney CEO Bob Iger Reveals George Lucas Felt 'Betrayed' By New Star Wars Trilogy

Link

Okay, I'm not buying this sudden guge wave of sympathy, Love and Adoration for Lucas from some of the fans when they mocked and raged st him for year. Suddenly you think his ideas weren't so bad because you dislike the recants films? I see this pattern of behaviour in many segments of many fandoms and I get real tired of it. Suddenly backtracking their feelings on X so as to make unfavourable comparisons to the more recent Y.

Last edited:
Okay, Ipk not buying this sudden guge wave of sympathy, Love and Adoration for Lucas from some of the fans when they mocked and raged st him for year. Suddenly you think his ideas weren't so bad because you dislike the recants films? I see this pattern of behaviour in many segments of many fandoms and I get real tired of it. Suddenly backtracking their feelings on X so as to make unfavourable comparisons to the more recent Y.
Bob Iger's publicity people have done a good job getting this year-old news to do the rounds again to sell his book. There's really nothing new here George himself didn't already state in interviews last year, and we've even got concept art of some of his ideas.

Yeah, the prequels were pretty atrocious. But The Clone Wars series, which Lucas executive produced and had the final say on, was mostly excellent. So I don't necessarily think people are being hypocritical by saying they'd have preferred his ideas for the new trilogy - When he's an ideas man he's a very good one. He's mainly just a terrible writer of dialogue and not very good at knowing how to pace a story any more. When he has screenwriters and directors to adapt his ideas, the end product can turn out very well.

From what I understand, several major plot elements of the ST remain the same from Lucas' ideas, including the basic characters that became Finn, Rey and Kylo and their backstories as well as hermit Luke. The only major change we know of is that the film would have charted Ben's fall to the Dark Side by being be seduced by a sexy Twi'lek (Disney doesn't like sexy Twi'leks, they don't like sexy anything as the art style change from TCW to Rebels made very clear). Does that sound better to me than what we got in TFA? I'd have to say yes, honestly. And I'm one of the people who quite likes TLJ.

I believe Lucas would have also had Luke hide on the final planet of the Jedi too. I think being seduced by a sexy person is a worse and more cliche way than just being seduced by the power like what happened with Anakin. Yes all Star Wars is saying it happens again but it is never gonna have a happy happy ending. Though it looks like Disney is milking Star Wars into the ground thank god things like Back to the future can never get milked.

From what I understand, several major plot elements of the ST remain the same from Lucas' ideas, including the basic characters that became Finn, Rey and Kylo and their backstories as well as hermit Luke. The only major change we know of is that the film would have charted Ben's fall to the Dark Side by being be seduced by a sexy Twi'lek (Disney doesn't like sexy Twi'leks, they don't like sexy anything as the art style change from TCW to Rebels made very clear). Does that sound better to me than what we got in TFA? I'd have to say yes, honestly. And I'm one of the people who quite likes TLJ.

Interesting, not something I've seen hrought up in the discourse but that wouldn't be shocking, people have alteady drawn their battle lines and narratives.

I do want to read this book, I listened to the audio book of 'DisneyWar' that covered Michael Eisner's years at Disney and it was pretty dascinating.

Back