General TV/Movie News & Announcements

I watched Spitting Image from the age of about four, which is probably one of the reasons I turned out the way I did. I re-watched the whole lot again a couple of years back, they're not only still hilarious but an important record of what people actually thought about politicians at the time, rather than the fawning retrospectives history tends to grant them. For me their crowning achievement will always be this:

Des. Res. 2 Bedroom Fridge, £750,000? Middlemen by Appointment? Phew, good job none of that came true, eh? I just hope they still have the balls to savage politicians like they used to - That's probably why the producers are looking to partner with a US network - Try putting anything drawing comparisons between politicians and Nazis on UK broadcast television these days and you'd probably be accused of incitement to murder MPs and locked up for terrorism.

I just hope they still have the balls to savage politicians like they used to - That's probably why the producers are looking to partner with a US network - Try putting anything drawing comparisons between politicians and Nazis on UK broadcast television these days and you'd probably be accused of incitement to murder MPs and locked up for terrorism.
But putting negative criticism of American issues on their TV and that doesn't go down too well either :confused:

I loved spitting image when it originally aired. I'm not sure how good the new series will be, politicians these days make bigger fools of themselves than any satire show can.

It was at its strongest when it stuck to politics. Later series focused more on general pop culture which never worked as well.

Looking forward to it:

6076.jpg

Don't really know where to put this, so anyways Odeon are doing a screen unseen tomorrow, this time though it's a subtitled film. Basically it's going to be a foreign film, I think this is the first time for screen unseen to host a foreign film..

Don't really know where to put this, so anyways Odeon are doing a screen unseen tomorrow, this time though it's a subtitled film. Basically it's going to be a foreign film, I think this is the first time for screen unseen to host a foreign film..
I think someone mentioned that it could be Parasite.

Rated 15 in the UK by Curzon Artificial Eye and Studio Canal. Coming to UK cinemas in 7th Feb though.

EDIT: The clues given out by ODEON are:
CLUE 1: (Faraway) first in a sunny climate

CLUE 2: Symbiotic relationships

Last edited:
LOVED tbe debut episode of Star Trek Picard! Since we're very appreciative of good TV show openings/music, how does this take you?

I think you can just tell at this point how much Patrick Stewart loves this role he just sells him so much in it. And I love his pain when he says Starfleet changed

I too loved the first episode of Picard; I hope the series can maintain the quality of the opener. I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

Back