Greetings Everyone

D

Deleted member 14030

Hi everyone,

This has been my go to place for keeping up with UK anime news for some time now and it seems like such a great community that I thought I'd finally join up as my first ever forum.

I started my anime journey a few years ago when Netflix recommended Steins Gate which I immediately fell in love with and caused me to seek out more of the great shows this medium has to offer. Ever since I have been an avid watcher trying to keep up with all the wonderful shows released each season while also trying to empty my backlog of shows recommended to me.

Some of my favourites are Monogatari, Evangelion, Golden Time, Steins Gate, DanMachi, Fate Stay Night, Vivy, Toradora, A Silent Voice and many... many more.

I hope to be a regular and productive community member.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome @MayDay! I love Evangelion, Golden Time, Steins;Gate, and Toradora too (and I enjoyed A Silent Voice, admittedly I dragged my heels on seeing the anime film as I had already read the entire manga)! I have also recently started watching Monogatari (finally lol) and while I wasn't the biggest fan of DanMachi, I do adore Hestia :) I hope you enjoy this forum :)

I'll probably have to rewatch 3.33 again to try to figure out what is going on.

Same LOL

I watched it for the first time just last week and I wish I had done it earlier so that I would have more time to think about the movie.
I think the movie was directed rather in a weird way. Like there is a scene when Kaworu shows Shinji the consequences of the Near-3rd-Impact and it looked epic but I personally couldn’t quite figure out what exactly they were showing.

Just later I read on the internet that the giant planet in the air is actually the moon which changed its position and came closer to the Earth which gave it its own athmospehere (you can kind of make out clouds on it). Maybe I’m alone who didn’t get that part but why not have Kaworu explicitly stating that this is the moon? They just show us the landscape and he basically says “this is how the world looks now”.

There is also a thing called Failures of Infinity which was was shown right after that. I still don’t understand what exactly it was... maybe I missed something in the movie where it was explained.

I watched it for the first time just last week and I wish I had done it earlier so that I would have more time to think about the movie. I think the movie was directed rather in a weird way.
I get what you mean, I watched the film for the first time only a few months ago and I remember feeling like what I was watching was awesome to look at but I had no clue what was happening half the time.

I'll probably have to rewatch 3.33 again to try to figure out what is going on.
Just in case you might be interested, @MayDay, there's some Evangelion chat going on in this thread at the moment:

🙂

Just in case you might be interested, @MayDay, there's some Evangelion chat going on in this thread at the moment:
Thanks for the suggestion I'll definitely check out the thread.

Welcome @MayDay, like you I recently joined this as my first forum ever too, and have been plaguing it since heh. Great choices there, I love them all except for Danmachi that I haven't watched yet, but it's on the watchlist!, and Eva, Monogatari and Toradora are easily in my top 5! Catch up with you in the Eva forum given how exciting the latter half of this week is expected to be!

Back