Hajimemashite

Dani

Dandy Guy, in Space
Watashi wa Dani desu.

Im a long time haunter of the UK anime scene, just never talk much. With the emergance of such fine UK based sites, such as these I have had to come out of the wood works.

I write reviews on the sites that can be found in my sig, that is my part time job, ie the job where I don't get paid in money.

I do have a life outside of anime, I love video games, and I am a die hard Nintendo fan, *hugs his DS, Cube and SP*, but I have recently taken off my fanboy goggles to appreciate the wider aspects of home console gaming via my lovely PS2 and Ico, Guitaroo Man, and Star Ocean. I regualrly play Magic: The Gathering with my group of friends - who all seem to share the above interests.

I am currently teaching myself Japanese, due in largely to the fact that the nearest Japanese classes are about 70 miles away, and I am aiming for the JLPE Level 4 either this year of the next - I am also helping my girlfriend to start learning basic Japanese.

My musicial tastes are as diverse as J-Pop and J-Rock, to Marilyn Manson, to the great syphonies of Beethoven, Mozart and Vivaldi.

Well, that's me.

^_^6

Welcome Dani, good to see you've established yourself around these forums already. I often read your reviews on aNIme too.

aNIki's slave, eh?

Meh, I am happy to write reviews, its just that I have to keep on top of my own ewview priorities first. ^_^

And at Dama, I got my own exclusive reviews. :p

Richy said:
Dani said:
and Star Ocean

OMGAWD.

If you're talking about the PS1 title(s), please please please tell me where you found it!

Oh, and welcome to the forums ^^

Are you talking about the ps 1 game or the ps2 game (Star Ocean till the end of time) becuase both these games are great and i like the way the frist PS1 game fits in with the anime serie.

I'm new too. So, uh, 'hi'. But more importantly:

Dani said:
I am currently teaching myself Japanese, due in largely to the fact that the nearest Japanese classes are about 70 miles away, and I am aiming for the JLPE Level 4 either this year of the next - I am also helping my girlfriend to start learning basic Japanese.
I'd suggest looking at local universities. I know we (Warwick) offer language courses (including Japanese) to non students; of course, you'll have to pay for it... Joining mid-way through the academic year might be an issue though.

^_^ I was talking about the PS2 Star Ocean game, sorry about the confusion.

And as far as Japanese lessons go, I am stuck in Northern Ireland, far away from England and its many Japanese courses, but thanks for the suggestion. :eek:

Rurouni H said:
Guitaroo Man is an excellent game...

Do you own it/have played it?

I love the game to bits but my fingers cannot defy my ability to get past Mojo King Bee in Master Mode.

Yep, I own it. And ironically I'm stuck on the same level on Master Mode as you are. And thats Master Mode with the default difficulty as 'Normal'. I haven't even tried it with 'Hard' on the normal game setting yet. I don't even want to see Ben-K's first stage on Master Mode, that gave me enough trouble the first time round... :evil:

Back