Hellsing OVA website

If you are interested in this new Hellsing OVA, be sure to check out this live video of the trailer shown at anime conventions...
http://www.mangazero.net/manga/thehells ... ailer.mpeg

Suffice to say it's jumped right up my list of most anticipated new shows. Ergo Proxy, these Hellsing OVAs and "Brave Story" are my picks for the future.

Some of the scenes in that trailer just look so cool and epic. I never knew Hellsing would take on such a big scale war!

To be fair, a lot of those scenes probably wont make it into the actual anime. If you look at the trailer for the original Hellsing OAV's, you'll notice it's mostly stuff you never saw in the series directly (apart from maybe in the intro). It's largely to build hype and make it look cool.

Which it also does well. I want that trailer. :mrgreen:

After seeing that trailer all I can say is, wow! It's certainly going to be a truer more thorough adaptation of the manga, there was many a time when I could pick out a manga panel recreated onscreen -Rip smiling down the barrel of her musket springs to mind - I inclined to agree with Subedii though, these clips seem to have been mostly culled from one of Hellsing's more extravagant plot arcs that doesn't take place until much, much later in the series. Leading me to believe it's more of a show reel rather than a fully fledged trailer......unless this version does kick off after the end of the original anime of course, but I'd heard that idea had been all but scrapped. Regardless though the trailer's suitably jaw-dropping and I can't wait to see the show when it's finally finished. :)

This looks really great, the Hellsing OVA seems to have everything the anime should have had and more! I hope the anime will live up to the trailer, because if it does, it's going to be grand.

Chomolungma said:
This looks really great, the Hellsing OVA seems to have everything the anime should have had and more! I hope the anime will live up to the trailer, because if it does, it's going to be grand.

I agree and the CG stuff looked really good. I hope they use more stuff like it.

subedii said:
I just hope they keep that this matches the previous OAV series for an awesome soundtrack.

Yes that would be great, I have the soundtrack to the first Hellsing series, it is so good, wonderful music on Hellsing.

KittySeras said:
Yes that would be great, I have the soundtrack to the first Hellsing series, it is so good, wonderful music on Hellsing.

Yeah, whenver I think Hellsing, the first thing that crops into my mind is:

shooby-dooby-do, shooby-dooby-do, do-boooo :mrgreen:

Big fan of the manga myself looks good there are a lot mangas that rape the tv series like hellsing for example and obviously Berserk i thought the manga was amazing

Back