Hi everyone

lilitu93

Completely Average High School Student
I’ve been lurking a while, so I finally decided to make an account. I live in London, and I’ve been an anime fan for years, and my favourite anime of all time is Utena. I tried to get the ultra-limited edition but managed to lose out while I was going through PayPal. At least I got the limited edition, though I really wanted the art book.

I’ve got pretty eclectic tastes in anime/manga/light novels, but in general I really like fantasy, SF, horror, shoujo/josei (though less the general romance ones) and weird/surreal/“art house” stuff. I’ll try a bit of anything that looks interesting, however.

Not sure how often I’ll post, but nice to meet everyone.

Welcome, welcome, @lilitu93.

Shame you missed out on that Utena set. That's got to be just about the fastest sellout ever, I reckon.
Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, I was really upset but got over it fast. It was the end of a week of bad things, but I need to look at it as least I got the limited edition set. I‘d debated importing it from the US, but I already had the two previous DVD sets, so I couldn’t justify it when it was an expensive import.

Yeah, I was really upset but got over it fast. It was the end of a week of bad things, but I need to look at it as least I got the limited edition set.
Ah, that's even worse. 🙁
It just ended up being completely luck-of-the-draw in the end. A lot of folks will have missed out, unfortunately.

Still can't believe it sold out within two minutes.

Welcome! Utena is my favourite anime too so you have excellent taste :)

It's lovely to see it doing so well here after the TV show was relegated to import-only back in the old days.

R

Welcome to the forum!

I bought the no book Utena bundle too but I've never watched/read it before, excited to try it finally!

Back