Higurashi: When They Cry (2020) Episode 9

Rena Ryuugu

Oyashiro-Sama
Another great episode :D It's the start of the Tataridamashi arc, and so far it's very similar to Tatarigoroshi. So I wonder if we will see any deviations in the next episode. I also wonder if we will see any elements of the console only arc Tsukiotoshi arc.

Let the theories begin :D and I can't wait to see how they solve the Teppei problem in this arc.

We are discussing this feverishly in my discord. There are 5 significant changes we have identified.

1. No hint that Rina died, so what has brought Teppei over in this timeline.
2. Teppei has prescription medication this time around. The camera made sure we caught that.
3. Shion is friendly towards Satoko, could this be a Shion kills Teppei timeline?
4. Satoko didn't ask for Keichii's help at the baseball game. This is significant because it didn't lead to Keichii meeting the pitcher which plays a big part for him gaining allies in the solution arc
5. Rena didn't lash out at talk of Oyashiro-sama

It's sadly too soon to make any solid theories though.

Last edited:
We are discussing this feverishly in my discord. There are 5 significant changes we have identified.

1. No hint that Rina died, so what has brought Teppei over in this timeline.
2. Teppei has prescription medication this time around. The camera made sure we caught that.
3. Shion is friendly towards Satoko, could this be a Shion kills Teppei timeline?
4. Satoko didn't ask for Keichii's help at the baseball game. This is significant because it didn't lead to Keichii meeting the pitcher which plays a big part for him gaining allies in the solution arc
5. Rena didn't lash out at talk of Oyashiro-sama

It's sadly too soon to make any solid theories though.
at point 3, this is why I'm thinking it has some Tsukiotoshi arc elements

On one hand I like the start of a new arc as it is the best way to learn new things, on the other hand the start doesn't seem to have a lot of deviations. Simply not enough for me to start theory crafting just yet. But having an arc that focuses more on Satoko will be helpful as her deaths in the first two arcs were the most mysterious IMO.

On one hand I like the start of a new arc as it is the best way to learn new things, on the other hand the start doesn't seem to have a lot of deviations. Simply not enough for me to start theory crafting just yet. But having an arc that focuses more on Satoko will be helpful as her deaths in the first two arcs were the most mysterious IMO.

Indeed, I suspect Satoko has been playing a bigger role behind the scenes so this will be the most interesting.

Back