Hiya!

reaver of souls

Hikikomori
Hi everyone in animeuknews!

I just signed up, made one post regarding online petitions for anime on TV(any help would be appreciated :wink: ) and now I'm kinda explaining about me, well, a little bit anyway.

I've been a fan of anime for about 5 years now, my fav anime is dragonball z, and due to the lack of personal funding and anime on the uk channels I've only managed to see a few anime series but a lot of anime movies courtesy of scifi (when they actaully gave a crap about us).

So, good to be here and keep watching anime! The more fans there are the more chance there is of us getting an anime channel!

Hi! and welcome to the nicest anime forum you will find :D

Petitions to TV companies never work, I remember getting one up at school many many years ago asking the BBC to put The Monkees back on in the holidays but to no avail :cry: and they haven't changed a bit in the last 24 years that I can see!!

I can give you a tip about lack of funds and anime, check out ebay under TV, movies etc and look under VHS for anime, you can pick up videos at the moment dirt cheap, for example I saw the complete set of Nadesico for £15 :shock:

Welcome! i agree the anime on TV thing kinda sucks, but if you have it on DVD or video at least you can watch what you want, when you want...not much of a consolation, but hey. things will change eventually, and this is one of the best places to find out about it. :D

Welcome. Yep, if you're strapped for cash videos may be the way to go. You can pick up a lot of the anime videos for around a fiver in most some of the high street shops nowadays (though you'll probably need to go to the bigger stores).
Otherwise try amazon, people selling their secondhand videos pretty cheap.

Cheers for the tips and for the warm welcome, I think I will peruse my local high street stores for cheap VHS's and of course, the net for dvd's!

BTW, I think my fiancee will be joining this forum soon,she seems to like it! *reaver of souls' fiancee* Konnichiwaaa!!!!! =^^=

Capuchin said:
Welcome. Yep, if you're strapped for cash videos may be the way to go. You can pick up a lot of the anime videos for around a fiver in most some of the high street shops nowadays (though you'll probably need to go to the bigger stores).
Otherwise try amazon, people selling their secondhand videos pretty cheap.

You can pick up used videos on ebay for as little as £1!! I even saw one that had a starting price of 49p :shock:

Back