Howl's Moving Castle in UK cinemas now

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
On Friday, Hayao Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle embarked on a nationwide UK theatrical release. Critical response to the movie has generally been good, and reviews included positive exposure on BBC1's Film 2005 as well as the BBC Radio Five Live movie show (co-hosted by Mark Kermode).

For UK cinema listings click here and for more information on the UK media's coverage of the film, forum regular Chomolungma has created a central thread listing and discussing the various UK newspaper reviews.

As far as I could see the subtitled screening at Manchester's Cornerhouse had a healthy if not full-house audience - this may or may not have been affected by the screening of the dubbed version elsewhere in the city (I'll add a link when I find one).

I was also disappointed to discover that a Miyazaki-themed hour-long presentation at the Cornerhouse the following afternoon had sold out. While it meant that I missed out on the event it's encouraging to think of how popular his work has become.

when i went to watch the movie on sunda there where not many people in the screening but that could be as i watch the late showing.

by the way the movie is very good, i enjoyed it alot. best part was watching it on big screen :)

There wasn't many people there when i went to watch it either, it was pretty empty, but in my case that could have just been because it's cornwall, or rather just outside of cornwall

Back