Howl's Moving Castle UK box office takings

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
According to <a href="http://uk.imdb.com/boxoffice/?region=uk">IMDB</a>, Howl's Moving Castle has taken £212,628 at the UK box office since opening on Friday and is ranked 10th in this week's movie chart. Comparatively, it never made the top 10 in North American box office.

Until you actually see it, it's hard to believe anime made the top 10 UK box office. This is a good result for Optimum et all, and should only be the start! :)

It's slightly surprising that it hasn't done so well stateside but i guess it all depends on how it was marketed (remember the stories about Princess Mononoke being a cinematic flop in the USA?).

More good signs for the UK's acceptance of anime then.

Not getting into the top 10 in america is surprising seeing as their anime market is so much bigger than ours. :? I can't wait till saturday, i bet i'll be in a cinema full of little kids though, lol.

Wow, thats really good to see, anime in the top ten, great, and i was worried it wasn't going to do very well after the rubbish turn outs people were reporting, but thats good :)

Great to see anime doing so well in Britain. I'm concerned about the relativity low American box office ratings, however. I suppose in a country were anime has become more prominent and popular, a Ghibli film isn't covered so fervishly as it is in the UK, where Howl's recieved more coverage in mainsteam publications that all other anime put together.

Back