Hunter X Hunter returns to Shonen Jump (Japan) in Oct.

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Yoshihiro Togashi's popular manga "Hunter X Hunter" is to <a href="http://comipress.com/news/2007/08/30/2564">finally resume</a> serialization in the October issue of Japan's Shonen Jump; it went on an official hiatus in February 2006, having spent many previous years missing occasional deadlines. Due to Hunter X Hunter's enduring popularity and the impressive track record of its author, Shonen Jump have refused to drop their interest in the series, going so far as to allow <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshihiro_Togashi">Togashi</a> "longer vacations and bigger advances" than many of his peers (who include Masashi Kishimoto (Naruto) and Tite Kubo (Bleach)).

Togashi's most famous manga series is YuYu Hakusho (early volumes of the anime adaptation have been released in the UK by MVM), which was also serialized in Shonen Jump during the early to mid 90s; the Shonen Jump magazine was made famous in the West due to Akira Toriyama's ever-popular Dragonball saga, which has subsequently influenced new generation of similar shonen action stories - including Bleach, Naruto and Hunter X Hunter.

I'm glad it's back, I hope Togashi has come up with some good ideas while playing Monster Hunter for the past year. >_>

The Chimera Ant arc when it was last left was on the brink of a hectic battle, hopefully Togashi delivers.

I haven't seen\read much of Hunter X Hunter, but I'm really interested in it because so many people seem to rate it as one of the most exciting shonen "fighting" stories. Can anyone tell me if it really is that good?

I can honestly say it's that good, you like Naruto & One Piece, so once you get into it I'd say you'd most likely like it too. Have to give it a chance first, though the anime does have the occasional filler. -_-

imo without HxH you wouldnt be reading the recent popular shonen titles like Naruto and Bleach.....its truely original.

and on the subject, i cant wait for october!
to tell the truth i havnt been wathing or reading any anime/manga, recently for the past year...dunno why....i have missed many new series and hits..looks like i shall catch up and continue properly in the next few months.

It is one of the best manga's I have read, shame the anime never made it to the West, probably because it got cancelled in Japan, but with its high popularity I can imagine it being re-started again.

Back