Hyper Japan 2015

I rather stupidly bought tickets for the Sunday as they seemed better value as you get the whole day - and then only later found out Eir Aoi was on the Saturday, ach.

Oh well, last year's one was awesome - so still looking forward to it, and interested to see how they make use of the O2 space.

Lutga said:
I rather stupidly bought tickets for the Sunday as they seemed better value as you get the whole day - and then only later found out Eir Aoi was on the Saturday, ach.

Oh well, last year's one was awesome - so still looking forward to it, and interested to see how they make use of the O2 space.

I did the same last year as well - bought tickets for the Sunday, but Nagi Yanagi was performing Saturday. So next time I'm buying tickets for the Saturday! :p (I bet whatever artist I want to see will be on the Sunday then!!!)

Ian Wolf said:
Well have to try and meet up then. ^_^

I'll be going with my parents, but I don't mind if you'll be around. :)

To be honest you didn't miss much with the live performance. Not because the singing was bad, but because the organisers didn't get the acoustics right at all and Yanagi Nagi's voice was drowned out most of the time. I don't know why UK events do this so much (MCM Expo is always terrible for testing its audio beforehand and I often walk out of panels wondering why I bothered when I couldn't hear a word). That kind of thing damped the experience for me so I didn't buy HJ tickets this time - that and I just got back from a different con and I'm too old for consecutive weekends.

R

Rui said:
To be honest you didn't miss much with the live performance. Not because the singing was bad, but because the organisers didn't get the acoustics right at all and Yanagi Nagi's voice was drowned out most of the time. I don't know why UK events do this so much (MCM Expo is always terrible for testing its audio beforehand and I often walk out of panels wondering why I bothered when I couldn't hear a word). That kind of thing damped the experience for me so I didn't buy HJ tickets this time - that and I just got back from a different con and I'm too old for consecutive weekends.

R

Fair enough - although when I went last year I saw Anna Yano live - it wasn't too bad (at least I feel it wasn't). :p

I'm mainly going for the Japanese food and market stalls, though.

Rui said:

R

Well hopefully they will have improved this time around.

Back