Italy's successful GXT bodes well for UK TV launch

Yeah it is 1 million yen, I believe only 5 people ever won it, and on the UK Takeshis' Castle someone wins it and Craig Charles doesn't realise :lol:

Ramen89 said:
Yeah it is 1 million yen, I believe only 5 people ever won it, and on the UK Takeshis' Castle someone wins it and Craig Charles doesn't realise :lol:

I think Charles might have known, but saying that the winner won nothing after all that pain would have obviously been more comic.

I don't know many people who would like to go on that show, I have to say. :p

I remember when someone did win... Charlse did say they won nothing. All I remember about the guy that won was that he was in a baseball outfit and sang karaoke pretty well.

Chibi Yosho said:
I remember when someone did win... Charlse did say they won nothing. All I remember about the guy that won was that he was in a baseball outfit and sang karaoke pretty well.

I think it may be wiser to count how many contestants didn't wear a baseball outfit. :p

Has anyone seen the newer Takshi's? It is really crap as the commentators are those american sports presenter-types which is damn annoying. Bring Back Craig Charles!!

Techinically its not really the newer version, its completely different, its just the american version of our Takeshi's Castle, ours is with Craig Charles, and theres is with a gag commentary.

The american version sucks :lol:

Unit 0 said:
Has anyone seen the newer Takshi's? It is really crap as the commentators are those american sports presenter-types which is damn annoying. Bring Back Craig Charles!!

That's actually the same footage on the Craig Charles version; the US made a different dub voiceover commentry than the UK, and in doing so the US is denied of Charles' hilarious voice-over and forced to watch through multiple replays of the same one constestant on a game.

The series ran in Japan during the late eighties/early nineties for a few seasons, I believe, so it may well be that the UK have run out of footage to use as nothing new is being created.

Edit: Ramen89 beat me. :D

The american commentary isn't very good, I have a big disliking to those kind of commentarys.

...remembers watching Dodgeball on challenge once.... Shudders....:(

Back