It's a (plastic) Gundam!!!

Took a break from the build strike to finish off the Shenlong. For a kit that was released in 1995 that only cost me a tenner off eBay, I'm quite pleased how it came out.

There was a lot of stickers but I only used one (the green triangle on his chest) and painted the rest. I also painted all the gold parts because the gold plastic was horrible and just too shiny.

IMG_20190707_183434764-01.jpeg

My first RG finished apart from some panel lining. Really enjoyed it apart from snapping a piece, luckily it was the inside of a back skirt so not really noticeable. Although I enjoyed it, I still think I prefer HGs, they're not as stressful 😂
The articulation is a lot better on the RG, although every time you try to get a pose it's guaranteed something will fall off somewhere.
I'll definitely build another one (I've got a RG Unicorn and Banshee in the pile) but not just yet. Next one will be the simplest HG I've got just to relax 😁
IMG_20190713_182103671-01.jpeg

My first RG finished apart from some panel lining. Really enjoyed it apart from snapping a piece, luckily it was the inside of a back skirt so not really noticeable. Although I enjoyed it, I still think I prefer HGs, they're not as stressful 😂
The articulation is a lot better on the RG, although every time you try to get a pose it's guaranteed something will fall off somewhere.
I'll definitely build another one (I've got a RG Unicorn and Banshee in the pile) but not just yet. Next one will be the simplest HG I've got just to relax 😁
View attachment 9426
Good luck with the Unicorn and Banshee, they fall apart far easier than the Strike.

your backlog is killing me :D that looks like one of those commercial stands at an anime convention.

Your work sure looks awesome! Really like the base work!!! I take my hat off to you.
I remember that I was shocked when I bought a Gundam Model at Gundam Base Tokyo as a souvenir and I had no idea that you have to build it yourself .. omg. It was 300 parts and a complete nightmare if you are not used to model work. After that I only bought a second one but full plastic version without any building action ^^ haha.

For me the old models are far more interesting. Especially your green Zaku on page 6 and the MSM Z´GOK are right up my alley. Great work.

Encouraged by Patien-X I just made some pictures of my "collection". Haha, I only have 2 so those will be my only picks.
Nonetheless I am still a bit proud to manage to build the Gundam. :D The Zaku came out when the Gundam Origin Animes came out in Japan. It is obviously a one piece figurine.

The Gundam was boguth at Gundam front tokyo (Odaiba) and the Zaku at Bic Camera in Tokyo. I secretly wish I had bought some more... especially the Ramba Ral Zaku. Well, maybe next time :)

The only thing that is a bit of a downer is the size difference which I have not payed attention to. You can see it in the last screenshot compared to each other and a book. Well I still like them and the quality of the one piece Zaku is really good! DSC_0386.JPGDSC_0387.JPGDSC_0388.JPGDSC_0389.JPG

hey chaps, I wanted to know if there is some kind of figurine database you can recommend. I would love to find the series of plastic models I bought my Zaku from (picture above). I obviously dont have the packaging but I remembered that these full model figurines were released for the origin releases / during their cinema run in Japan.

Back